looking for 3d-printer for printing models

F

Freakin teeth

Reaction score
Jean-Michel - can you tell me how this material reacts with investing techniques. With some materials you can get fins, can only rapid fire, etc.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
jean michel thankyou for your input

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
HEy guys
We recently began printing models in a formlabs printer from our 3shape
Models look good
But main issue is sloppy fit of dies in model
They are fully seated but a ton of wiggle room
Any help or thoughts on how to fix this issue ?

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
HEy guys
We recently began printing models in a formlabs printer from our 3shape
Models look good
But main issue is sloppy fit of dies in model
They are fully seated but a ton of wiggle room
Any help or thoughts on how to fix this issue ?
Yeah, buy an Asiga :D

D

dandyfop

Reaction score
I would totally forget about a removable die. I chased that forever and was never satisfied. You really don't need it anyways and all it does is introduce inaccuracies. Solids and 2 seperate dies for me on my formlabs.

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
Thank you - looks like we will begin with solid models and a spare die on Monday

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
Lol Asiga models have the same problem it’s the model builder files and those fins on the dies. As mentioned above just do a solid with separate check die. Not a printer problem so much as a software problem.

If you must do removable dies make sure the dies are very close to the model on the build plate so there are not variances in dimension and with formlabs be sure to clean and change components on schedule, a few extra prints squeezed out before changing a platform is a roll of the dice.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
I would totally forget about a removable die. I chased that forever and was never satisfied. You really don't need it anyways and all it does is introduce inaccuracies. Solids and 2 seperate dies for me on my formlabs.
That's how we scan in our models on 3shape.

J

Jorge

Reaction score
What do you think about this?
dentalpinart.png

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
hard to say from a pic but the retentive elements look too short to be much use and dust would be a hassle to keep working properly

J

Jorge

Reaction score
We already bought some of them with disposable plastic articulators to test when we receive 3d printer next or follwing week, printer is here in Spain but waiting vendor tech to install.
I think there will be no dust with printed models.
Explained here:

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
You like your Asiga?...you make anything else with it besides Models? What version do you have? Whip Mix been good to you? Did you do a cost analysis to figure out how much each digital model you print cost you?

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
You like your Asiga?...you make anything else with it besides Models? What version do you have? Whip Mix been good to you? Did you do a cost analysis to figure out how much each digital model you print cost you?
Can't rave enough about Asiga. I print models, castables, temporaries, partial frameworks, etc. Works wonderfully. I've got the MAX. WhipMix has outstanding customer support. Anytime I have an issue (which is incredibly rare),I call up @Cory@WhipMix and he helps me out right away. I've done cost analysis on models for us, but it really depends on your model building software and and technique.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Can't rave enough about Asiga. I print models, castables, temporaries, partial frameworks, etc. Works wonderfully. I've got the MAX. WhipMix has outstanding customer support. Anytime I have an issue (which is incredibly rare),I call up @Cory@WhipMix and he helps me out right away. I've done cost analysis on models for us, but it really depends on your model building software and and technique.
I'm guessing you are a 3Shaper?...if not, please continue reading :p As for model building software, exocad has only one, or are you insinuating the adaptors/connectors to place a vertex or orbix on it, care to share the cost analysis.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
I'm guessing you are a 3Shaper?...if not, please continue reading :p As for model building software, exocad has only one, or are you insinuating the adaptors/connectors to place a vertex or orbix on it, care to share the cost analysis.
Nope, not a 3Shape-er. Currently using Dental Wings. What I mean is it depends on the kind of models you print. I print hollow models, which radically cuts down on the resin/tray usage. Our cost analysis comes out to in between 2-3 bucks per quadrant and 4-5 per full arch. These are rough averages. Actual numbers may vary slightly.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Nope, not a 3Shape-er. Currently using Dental Wings. What I mean is it depends on the kind of models you print. I print hollow models, which radically cuts down on the resin/tray usage. Our cost analysis comes out to in between 2-3 bucks per quadrant and 4-5 per full arch. These are rough averages. Actual numbers may vary slightly.
so I'm trying to decide between the max and the bego varseo (2?) . Bego seems more expensive but the Max looks like it has an open resin tray.
I know support is paramount,especially for the digitally challenged like me, but the resin cartridge looks cleaner than an open tray. Is that important/
I think the Whip Mix resins are less expensive than Bego's?

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
It's 3 Sheep
as in baaaad aaaass!
We'll be switching to new CAD software within a couple months. Right now, it's looking like we'll go with 3Shape because their removable modules seem to be way ahead of Exo, particularly dentures.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
so I'm trying to decide between the max and the bego varseo (2?) . Bego seems more expensive but the Max looks like it has an open resin tray.
I know support is paramount,especially for the digitally challenged like me, but the resin cartridge looks cleaner than an open tray. Is that important/
I think the Whip Mix resins are less expensive than Bego's?
Bego's cartridges were actually one of the reasons I eliminated them from my list. They're very expensive. I use 4-5 different resins, and if I had a Bego, I'd have an additional few thousand bucks wrapped up in cartridges. I've never really had an issue with keeping my Asiga trays clean. Like, not a single issue. Just keep the hood down, and you're fine. The nice thing about Asiga trays is that they're actually a better deal than they sound because they're reversible. There's an RFID on both sides, so with a 1-liter tray, you can actually print 2-liters of resin. Same with 2 liter, 5 liter, etc. WhipMix resins are less expensive, but it's irrelevent. Both printers are open, so you can use whatever resins you want. I think the Bego is a good printer, but I much prefer the Asiga. The cylinder can thingy is a big negative for me. It's a more complicated apparatus, which introduces more room for error.

Top Bottom