looking for 3d-printer for printing models

J

Jussi Roivanen

Reaction score
Yep.

subject says it all. We currently use Bego Varseo to print "finer" jobs (some partial models also) and currently we are only testing printing full (or horseshoe) models with it.. but tbh, that machine is not for volume. And volume is somthing that we need in near future.

What machine people use to print models (volume is essential). We are thinking about EnvisionTec Ultra 3SP ortho or Ultra 3dent.. Tips for other options would be appreciated.

and if someone happens to know approximate prices of their suggestions, that would be extra-awesome :D

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
Personnaly i use formlabs for models. If you need volume, buy more formlabs machine. It's only 3300 € ;-)

D

dimtsic

Reaction score
Would you mind posting a macro pic of a printed model with a formlab printer? What accuracy are you getting and what materials are you using that you have found are best?
Do you need to light cure after prints?
Thanks;)

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Printing models is a money loosing service. I say just outsource them. You can outsource a lot of models

for the price of a proper model printer!

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
http://hpics.li/930aa11

About slice it was produced at 100 microns but you can do 50 or 25.
This material come from formlabs. It's the grey resin. You can use the white resin. You have castable - black - clear. You are in SLA also you can use others resins. With formlabs form 2 you can use materials from formlabs or open the machine and use ithers resins at 405 nm (like all SLA resins).
For a model like this I've use 17 ml of resin also it's 3 € for material.

After production you need to put your production inside Alcool Isopro 99.9 + post cure by UV like all SLA and DLP systems.

Form 1 and 1 + wasn't good for dental application. but Form 2 is a really professional printing machine.

Last edited:
Gru

Gru

Reaction score
http://hpics.li/930aa11

About slice it was produced at 100 microns but you can do 50 or 25.
This material come from formlabs. It's the grey resin. You can use the white resin. You have castable - black - clear. You are in SLA also you can use others resins. With formlabs form 2 you can use materials from formlabs or open the machine and use ithers resins at 405 nm (like all SLA resins).
For a model like this I've use 17 ml of resin also it's 3 € for material.

After production you need to put your production inside Alcool Isopro 99.9 + post cure by UV like all SLA and DLP systems.

Form 1 and 1 + wasn't good for dental application. but Form 2 is a really professional printing machine.

Jean-Michel, your pics didn't show, but the link works.

So you're paying 3 euros for a full arch print?

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
This part need 17 ml of resin. Resin is 135 € for 1 liter also it's 2.29 € of resin for this model

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing about the Form2.

Do you print anything else dental related on the Form2? Like crowns/ bridges?

I see the have surgical guide material.

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
Yes everything
Splint
Castable frameworks bridge crown
Models
Now with dental sg material we can produce chirurgical guides.
And New resins will arrive. If formlabs s disturbed dental sg they will not stop with one material

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
What type of material are you using for the Splints?
I read about the Dental Sg material and my understanding is that is is good for in the mouth use for only 24 hours being a Class 1 biocompatible material .

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
Today for splint it s personnal development.

About dental sg yes it class 1A also 24 hours but i hope that formlabs will disturb classe 2

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
We use a 3Dent from Envisiontec and I still have not to this day seen anything print nicer models. Formlabs are great for the money...I just haven't seen data on arch accuracy to support the purchase of them...especially when you want to buy 5+ to increase Productivity.

D

dimtsic

Reaction score
Merci beaucoup pour l'information Jean Michel

J

Jussi Roivanen

Reaction score
thanks for tips. Machine that we are looking for is for productivity.

@KentPWalton: outsourcing would be possible, but since there is not that much companies in Finland (There is some of them, who use printers for industrial purposes but that is just not enough) offering "quality" services, so we would have to outsource it abroad. That means usually higher posting fees and longer delivery times. Or for short delivery times, it means even more higher fees! And knowing that, getting 3dent and start offering printing service for other labs in finland is one possible way to go..

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I just had a couple of models done with a formlab 2 25 micron accuracy they were really good i asked the reseller how long did it take to print them and i was told about 12 hours ,so you can have all 3 cheap fast and good.The form lab was about $5000 and you have to clean the models with alcohol otherwise you get a sticky layer which happens with all sla printers i was told.

J

Jussi Roivanen

Reaction score
I... i asked the reseller how long did it take to print them and i was told about 12 hours ,so you can have all 3 cheap fast and good...

12 hours.. if someone uses that form2, i would like to know what is the build speed (layer thicknesss/mm/hour) for it. And for Projet MJP3600 dental.. i know EnvTec 3Dent is 50 micros/10mm/hour

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
G

grantoz

Reaction score
i was joking about the fast part to me its still slow

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
I just had a couple of models done with a formlab 2 25 micron accuracy they were really good i asked the reseller how long did it take to print them and i was told about 12 hours ,so you can have all 3 cheap fast and good.The form lab was about $5000 and you have to clean the models with alcohol otherwise you get a sticky layer which happens with all sla printers i was told.

You don't need to produce models at 25 microns. All models that I produce s done at 100 microns. If you want really you can produce dies at 25 microns separatly.
You can download the preform software from formlabs. It's free and you can have directly the quantity of resin + production time : http://formlabs.com/fr/produits/preform/

Top Bottom