looking for 3d-printer for printing models

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
so I'm trying to decide between the max and the bego varseo (2?) . Bego seems more expensive but the Max looks like it has an open resin tray.
I know support is paramount,especially for the digitally challenged like me, but the resin cartridge looks cleaner than an open tray. Is that important/
I think the Whip Mix resins are less expensive than Bego's?
I'v been using some NextDent resin with my MAX, and have been getting wonderful results. I've all of the material files, so if any of you guys get an Asiga and want to try some NextDent resin, let me know and I can send you the material files.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Bego's cartridges were actually one of the reasons I eliminated them from my list. They're very expensive. I use 4-5 different resins, and if I had a Bego, I'd have an additional few thousand bucks wrapped up in cartridges. I've never really had an issue with keeping my Asiga trays clean. Like, not a single issue. Just keep the hood down, and you're fine. The nice thing about Asiga trays is that they're actually a better deal than they sound because they're reversible. There's an RFID on both sides, so with a 1-liter tray, you can actually print 2-liters of resin. Same with 2 liter, 5 liter, etc. WhipMix resins are less expensive, but it's irrelevent. Both printers are open, so you can use whatever resins you want. I think the Bego is a good printer, but I much prefer the Asiga. The cylinder can thingy is a big negative for me. It's a more complicated apparatus, which introduces more room for error.

Thanks, good info to consider.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Nope, not a 3Shape-er. Currently using Dental Wings. What I mean is it depends on the kind of models you print. I print hollow models, which radically cuts down on the resin/tray usage. Our cost analysis comes out to in between 2-3 bucks per quadrant and 4-5 per full arch. These are rough averages. Actual numbers may vary slightly.
Dental Wings?...I thought that went extinct with the dinosaurs?...seriously though, if you got that printer working with dental wings you must be a stud, take a bow!!! Thank you for sharing your cost analysis, thats about where I forecasted it as well. As for me personally, we have been playing with some printers, been holding out for the 4K printers (which will change the printing game) and I know a lot of companies are very close. However, not sure we can wait much longer, we are going to have to pull that printer trigger very soon. The Max is one we are looking at as well, seen some more printers out there that had a little bit better quality, but double and triple the price of the Max. I've always loved Whip Mix myself as well...great peeps there.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Dental Wings?...I thought that went extinct with the dinosaurs?...seriously though, if you got that printer working with dental wings you must be a stud, take a bow!!! Thank you for sharing your cost analysis, thats about where I forecasted it as well. As for me personally, we have been playing with some printers, been holding out for the 4K printers (which will change the printing game) and I know a lot of companies are very close. However, not sure we can wait much longer, we are going to have to pull that printer trigger very soon. The Max is one we are looking at as well, seen some more printers out there that had a little bit better quality, but double and triple the price of the Max. I've always loved Whip Mix myself as well...great peeps there.
I think 4K printers are a little farther away than you might think. Within 5 years? Yeah, probably. But most of these companies do not produce their own projectors. I actually don't know if ANY of them do. So with that in mind, they are beholden to third parties to develop the technology. They're coming, no doubt, but I think it'll be a few years before they hit the market, and even farther until they are remotely cost-effective.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You should talk to your buddy Al about his Asiga Max. maybe he can show you a thing or two, oh wait, never mind he went with 3 Shape too.
I bet he doesn't return your calls anymore lol

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
And yeah, Dental Wings is pretty horrendous. But getting into the printing and milling game has set back our CAD upgrade.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
You should talk to your buddy Al about his Asiga Max. maybe he can show you a thing or two, oh wait, never mind he went with 3 Shape too.
I bet he doesn't return your calls anymore lol
He is still in incorporating it into his daily work...Bryce been doing it awhile, when did you get your printer Bryce?...and yeah rkm, he went 3Shape, as I walk away with head down...lol. You will be surprised, I told him to go 3Shape, he is older, not as fluent with the PC as some of us younger techs and 3Shape does make it easy for just starting in those regards...but that's where my 3Shape kudos ends abruptly!!!...lol

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
He is still in incorporating it into his daily work...Bryce been doing it awhile, when did you get your printer Bryce?...and yeah rkm, he went 3Shape, as I walk away with head down...lol. You will be surprised, I told him to go 3Shape, he is older, not as fluent with the PC as some of us younger techs and 3Shape does make it easy for just starting in those regards...but that's where my 3Shape kudos ends abruptly!!!...lol
I've been printing regularly for a little under a year.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
older?
you young bucks need a good azz kicking lol. Once I get that hip replacement that is....

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Oh **** Rob just put me out to pasture.
Placing bets on when I’m going to kick the bucket.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Oh **** Rob just put me out to pasture.
Placing bets on when I’m going to kick the bucket.
Your Goats need friends brother :p I've seen some of the work you've been posting Al on facebook with your new digital workflow. You will have to come on here and give us your likes/dislikes, have you seen the time advantage yet?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
image.php

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Anyone using DWS here in North America? Any input would be much appreciated.

Top Bottom