Logmein Hamachi and 3shape experiance?

M

Marcin K

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried running 3shape remote from home from a VPN service like Logmein Hamachi? With this virus going around having to do some remote work through team viewer is okay but I'm sure everyone is familiar with any latency or frustration from trying to work from it sometimes. What I would eventually like to achieve is the ability to work from a computer from home using the actually 3shape network client that uses my actual computers resources instead of depending on remote connecting into a computer at work. Does anyone have any experience with this and or know of major hurdles? I know security would be one requirement and having a separate dedicated work computer at home might end up being a must.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You will need to choose:

Deal with the lag - The lab's Design station has the dongle, software, and hardware needed to do this work and you are accessing it.

or

Go full bore - Get a Workstation grade machine at home that has the videocard, CPU and memory to handle doing the 3Shape work on it, install 3shape on it and either get real cozy with a networking buddy to help you use the station with the USB dongle as a server to which your machine will be a client.

Unless you have a spare few thousand and like headaches, or are a TCP/IP guru who can dig his own tunnel, I'd choose to get used to the lag and watch your productivity soar when you get in front of the real machine.

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Has anyone sucessful establish connection over VPN with Dental Desktop? I have computer home with pointing dongle to labs computer which works for Dental System but not for Dental Desktop where we have Smile design, Splint studio etc...Any way to get that also working?

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Has anyone sucessful establish connection over VPN with Dental Desktop? I have computer home with pointing dongle to labs computer which works for Dental System but not for Dental Desktop where we have Smile design, Splint studio etc...Any way to get that also working?
Please read JMN' s advice above, sorry.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I am running it at home from the la via a simple port forward. I export cases as needed and transport via usb stick. But need all the dmes for home install as well. Works pretty well and uses local pc resources and no lag like TeamViewer or AnyDesk.

Top Bottom