Load file into Roland dwx-50

G

greatmc2

Reaction score
I have an old Roland DWX-50 that I want to test some end-mills in, accuracy not important. I already have a .prn file from a friend who uses this mill. I can use file over and over again so, no need to nest, just run the file. What is the least expensive way to run this? If I must purchase CAM software, can someone recommend cheap and easiest?

Thanks!

G

greatmc2

Reaction score
So I got a .prn file that has already been calculated and I'm told I can just open the v-panel, load the file and go. Does this sound accurate, no CAM software needed to run mill, just to nest and calculate?

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
It has been a while but as I recall that is correct. You can use vpanel to send a .prn file to the mill. You do not need CAM software. If that does not work (again this is from memory so I could be wrong) you can go to your windows printers and locate the DWX-50 there to send the .prn file to the DWX-50.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
So I got a .prn file that has already been calculated and I'm told I can just open the v-panel, load the file and go. Does this sound accurate, no CAM software needed to run mill, just to nest and calculate?
Yup, just drag and drop...make sure you put them in the right order if you got multiple files to cut.

G

greatmc2

Reaction score
It has been a while but as I recall that is correct. You can use vpanel to send a .prn file to the mill. You do not need CAM software. If that does not work (again this is from memory so I could be wrong) you can go to your windows printers and locate the DWX-50 there to send the .prn file to the DWX-50.

Great, thank you!

Top Bottom