LMT Chicago food favorites?

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Of course we go for the clinics and to see what's new but how about the food? Where are your favorite places to dine or just stuff your face in Chicago?

I will kick it off with the "Glazed and Infused" donut shop: http://www.goglazed.com/

Home of the Maple Bacon Long John...

Maple-Bacon-Long-John.jpg

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
And on the opposite end of the spectrum is the Minnesota State fair, where everything is on a stick, hot dogs, hamburgers, turkey, peach glazed pig cheeks, apple pie, etc etc. A website I just visited (Aug 2011) said there were 80 foods on a stick. I gets a little messy when they try putting Jello and coffee on a stick, better wear a bib.

K

KIM

Reaction score
The Billy Goat is a must experience iconic location in Chicago. Anyone been there? It's where Belushi came up with the "Cheezburger Cheezburger Cheezburger" skit on SNL. Not a high end place by any stretch of the imagination but a fun place to check out.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
The Billy Goat is a must experience iconic location in Chicago. Anyone been there? It's where Belushi came up with the "Cheezburger Cheezburger Cheezburger" skit on SNL. Not a high end place by any stretch of the imagination but a fun place to check out.
I have been there and it is definitely a Old Style and Cheezburger kind of place. It is a bit hard to find but worth a visit.
TIN_oldstyle_P21.jpg

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Of course we go for the clinics and to see what's new but how about the food? Where are your favorite places to dine or just stuff your face in Chicago?

I will kick it off with the "Glazed and Infused" donut shop: http://www.goglazed.com/

Home of the Maple Bacon Long John...

Maple-Bacon-Long-John.jpg

Pleeeease bring one to CAPs Comiskey room, like old times! Five

And to actually add to the conversation. The steak houses in Chicago and their delicious bone-in ribeyes.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I love Mercadito, some of the best tacos I have had. About a 20min walk from the hotel but take a cab.

108 w kinzie street
Chicago, IL 60654
312 329 9555

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I love Mercadito, some of the best tacos I have had. About a 20min walk from the hotel but take a cab.

108 w kinzie street
Chicago, IL 60654
312 329 9555
Been there. Agree!

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
Webers Grill, amazing bbq!!!! Steaks or brisket cooked on a charcoal grill.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Pleeeease bring one to CAPs Comiskey room, like old times! Five

And to actually add to the conversation. The steak houses in Chicago and their delicious bone-in ribeyes.
Gibsons chop house. Brontosaurus sized ribeyes and ginormous double stuffed baked potatoes! Only thing missing is a couch next to the table to nurse the food coma for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Chicago is famous for their Italian Beef sandwiches..... messy but oh so good!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

108 w kinzie street
Chicago, IL 60654
312 329 9555
Windows down on the ride back!

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I once spent 4 hours eating lunch at the Purple Pig, and it wasn't due to slow service...

Top Bottom