Lithium Disilicate

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
But that wouldn't play to the marketing schemes of manufacturing companies now would it?

That's for sure.

One of the things I've always admired about the lab tech population as a whole is that it isn't as subject to marketing hype as a lot of other consumer segments seem to be. The facts are more important. I guess that's why I found it surprising that it never came up. BTW, IIRC, It's about 90 mPa at the top end.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Interesting how thoughts have evolved in eight years..Wink.

CreativeTech

CreativeTech

Reaction score
That's for sure.

One of the things I've always admired about the lab tech population as a whole is that it isn't as subject to marketing hype as a lot of other consumer segments seem to be. The facts are more important. I guess that's why I found it surprising that it never came up. BTW, IIRC, It's about 90 mPa at the top end.

I disagree, too many techs don't do their due diligence & are falling for the hype, & that just feeds the machine.

140-160 is what I've been taught & found through research. HOWEVER, the problem lies within how strength measurements are taken. And that's why the outrageous numbers Zir companies give us are such bs. I've had this conversation with my Docs many times, yet once in a while they will still ask me if such & such is "strong enough". Banghead

Last edited:
Top Bottom