lisi veneers

P

Peppermint Patty

Reaction score
Hi there,
I just finished some Lisi veneers, and I struggle to get a nice shine on them. Never had this problem before....
Has anyone an idea?

P

Peppermint Patty

Reaction score
I layerd some lisi ceramic and used the lisi glaze. Increased the tempreture by 3 degrees. They are still dull. I'll try the polish u mentioned i think I have a sample somewhere😉
Thanks

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I use insync. Helps if you prepolish, then lightly sandblast. What temp are you glazing at?

P

Peppermint Patty

Reaction score
I managed to get them shiny enough, never had this problem before. The veneers been quite thin. Can that been the cause?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I could polish lisi without glazing it to be as shiny as I want it, but glazing is much easier. I glaze mainly to seal all of the pores up. I usually knock it back down with a rubber wheel a little bit. Glazing usually takes away too much texture.. so I guess its all in what the definition of 'shiny' is. Some cases in the mouth are noticably too polished, or reflective, or 'shiny' but some cases like the lady I saw today, had perfectly glass smooth teeth, and they need to be high shined. I actually glazed it twice, first firing sucked up the insync glaze and made it look pitted. It was layered with initial zr.. Many times it takes two coats.. The second one being much thinner..
So what Im saying is, the porcelain and even the pressed ceramic will 'soak' up some of the glaze, even if its thick, which insync is.. Not necessarily a problem with the temp. Im no scientist but veneers may soak less heat because they have less volume.. I usually use wonderpeg on them.

I would never go back to initial glaze, not the powder, not the lustre pastes. And Ive used initial solely since it came out like 15 years ago.