LiSi Shade Question

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im doing a #8; stump is about an OM2, final shade is 1M1. I dont have lots of LiSi experience, but Im thinking start with an MT-BO? Ive never seen a HT-EWX. Thoughts?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
id do MTB1, never tried EWX
with miyo i have no fear of hitting 1M1 from B1 at all.'
now if its super thick, yeah i could see B0 instead...and stain accordingly

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
The EWX is very bright with the bluish opalescence of bleached teeth. You have a 0M2 stump which is already very light, why not use an HT 57, or an HT BLE? MTB0 is a great choice, if #9 doesn't have to much translucency.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I might be doing the HT-57. Nowak is on back order with the MT-BO.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Its EXW I think, like extra white.. its super white, Definitely not for a 1m1.

I would go with the ht-BLE, its awesome. Or the MT-B0 if youre going to layer it.

57 might work in a pinch.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Its EXW I think, like extra white.. its super white, Definitely not for a 1m1.

I would go with the ht-BLE, its awesome. Or the MT-B0 if youre going to layer it.

57 might work in a pinch.
On their chart, HT-BLE is whiter than the EXW...no?

I hate getting these single centrals. This is a Doc that doesnt let me do the money makers. I just get the critical ones. He has no idea how bad my anxiety and indecision gets over these.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
No the ex-w is definitely brighter. Its ridiculous, but Ive used it for a few veneer cases. The girls seem to like it, but the BLE is better.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
On their chart, HT-BLE is whiter than the EXW...no?

I hate getting these single centrals. This is a Doc that doesnt let me do the money makers. I just get the critical ones. He has no idea how bad my anxiety and indecision gets over these.
mill 2 wax patterns, press both?

K

kmart

Reaction score
Ditto on the HT BLE. Very easy to bring to 1m1. Depends if your layering though.

user name

user name

Reaction score
This will be layered. On these type of cases, I always do 2 crowns. I realize I basically selling them at half price, but I want to get it right.

K

kmart

Reaction score
Been there in the past trust me! MT-BO should work just fine then. If you are making 2 crowns I would encourage you to make the other out of HT BLE so you can compare. In my experience MT BO monolithic stained to 1m1 just doesn’t look natural.

user name

user name

Reaction score
That would cost another ingot. When I do two, I press both out of the same ingot, but vary how I stain and layer. Im just looking for the best core color and value.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
That would cost another ingot. When I do two, I press both out of the same ingot, but vary how I stain and layer. Im just looking for the best core color and value.
let me know what you end up doing.
better yet, post final pics with details plz

user name

user name

Reaction score
let me know what you end up doing.
better yet, post final pics with details plz
Just ready to burn out. Its going to be started with an HT-57. Pressed full contour X2, but then I can do cut backs and layer after I see em.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Just ready to burn out. Its going to be started with an HT-57. Pressed full contour X2, but then I can do cut backs and layer after I see em.

Wish you sucess for sure, have a similar case presenting on Thursday for shade appt. Really appreciate your conquest here!!! Thinking Celtra as an alternative maybe, all comes down to translucency in the end for a "Match"

user name

user name

Reaction score
So far the HT-57 isnt working so well.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Do you have emax MT BL3
I am expecting some LiSi MT-BO to show up today, but I was just getting ready to re-mill and press with an e.Max LT-BL3. Cut back and layer.
I dont know how Ive managed to stay in business all these years. When its easy I think Im pretty good. These tough ones make me question myself.

A

adl

Reaction score
I am expecting some LiSi MT-BO to show up today, but I was just getting ready to re-mill and press with an e.Max LT-BL3. Cut back and layer.
I dont know how Ive managed to stay in business all these years. When its easy I think Im pretty good. These tough ones make me question myself.
Depending on the thickness you might not need to layer much at all. Remember the more you fire them the lower the value gets. Use a brighter incisal ,1M1 has a subtle translucency, stay away from TI1, use BL incisal or I1

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
why LT?

Top Bottom