LiSi (Questions)

G

grili

Reaction score
Please I need some help
What are the parameters for pressing gc initial mt in ivoclar furnace?
Parameters for a 100g ring and 200g ring
regards

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Hi all,
I believe more of you had a chance to work with the LiSi Press. Any feed back and tips and tricks to share?
Also anyone tried the Miyo stain kit from Jensen? Need some advice before I commit to it.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive been using it for a month or two now. It looks great, handles about the same as emax. I just got a call at the end of the day that a bicuspid LiSi fractured at the margin at seat... :banghead: No Bueno.. I will have to check it out tomorrow.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
I saw a post on the LiSi Facebook group a little while back way that an anterior LiSi split down the middle. I am wandering if there are some differences in processing or in the material itself that make it more fragile.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
SO I pressed my first LISI Press and am not happy. I can not reach anyone in Tech support at GC and the customer service rep tries to get me to talk to the rep. He can not help me, so I ask you:
The crown looks like a Giraffe. it has orange translucent spots all over the crown especially around the sprue area. At the lingual there is a vertical white banding that almost looks like a crack. It is a demarcation line between a more translucent orange spot and a whitish opaque area.
So what causes the discoloration? I had 3 crowns in the ring. One was fine, and the other had a small orange area an the cusp tip. the giraffe crown is a total loss. This is not a good start especially when you can't get hold of any tech support person.
I used the GC investment for LiSi and followed all the instructions. The only thing I changed was reducing the hold time to 20 Minutes.

TechTiz

TechTiz

Reaction score
Subrisi, I am no expert and won't pretend to be (we are currently troubleshooting our LiSi press program),but it sounds to me like the "tattoo" on the ingot got pressed into your units. Avoid placing the ingots into your ring tattoo down, and i've also been advised that if you are pressing 2 ingots, you'll want to polish off the "tattoo" of the ingot that will be entering the ring first.

As far as the banding that looks almost like a crack, we have been dealing with that since the first day we started using LiSi press. I know we've adjusted a few of our settings, but no perfect press as of yet. Increasing our hold time on 200g rings sort of got rid of the lines or fins we were getting, but at the cost of a heavier reaction layer it seems. Reaction layers are usually present when an ingot is being pressed too hot, so we'll be adjusting the temp after we get the lines/banding/fins are taken care of.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So there's the buy 3 get one deal right now. I was going to do MTA1 and A2, and MT B1 since most of my stuff is Monolithic. A question I have is what is B00? Next question, LT only come in A,B,C,D does that mean A1, B1, etc? You'd have to stain and layer from there? And bleach shades are only available in HT? Are the E57-E59 bleach shades?
I tried GC website but not much help from what I found.

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
A place to ask and answer new questions about LiSi.
We recently purchased this (layering and ingots).
Same pressing parameters as E.max?
Can you layer Zirconium with it?...noticed no 'Zirliner' like product?
If you already have or use LiSi...likes and dislike?

Rob, Did you find the Lisi pressing and firing parameters? I've pressed a few and they cracked.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Rob, Did you find the Lisi pressing and firing parameters? I've pressed a few and they cracked.

Their people told me:

100g ring:
B=700
t=60
T=897
H=17min-20min (adjust for your oven)

I'm getting what I'll call a "crystallized" surface under 10x mag. Anyone have a tip? I can't take a quality enough pic to show. Sorry.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Gru did you use the SR spray or fujivest?

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Neither, but willing to change. Still using Microstar HS because it works fine with e.max. Not good enough for Lisi?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Not saying its not good enough, I just think that the fujivest is maybe formulated to reduce the reaction layer, along with the SR spray, I have only invested a few rings with it, it seems nice and smooth, but they forgot to send the spray I ordered so I will see if that helps also, but the crust is very minimal, hoping the spray completely eliminates it.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Neither, but willing to change. Still using Microstar HS because it works fine with e.max. Not good enough for Lisi?
what press do you have again?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i just got me some of the lisi press. will be attempting some nice looking crowns later this week/weekend

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Michael Cumbie, CDT, USAF (Ret)
Technical Representative
GC America, Inc (719) 310-0784

This guy is pretty knowledgeable.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
ooooh yippeee DTG has their own parameters.. :cool:

Pressing 6 veneers now in EXtreme Bleach.. I hope these look alright, there is nothing between bleach and ex bleach, basically lighter than a BL1 or a BL4..

I can say the material looks great, I even did a lateral veneer on myself, but Ive had some cracking when firing porcelain, FB group says to use peg putty, which I have been now, but that still worries me.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
ooooh yippeee DTG has their own parameters.. :cool:

Pressing 6 veneers now in EXtreme Bleach.. I hope these look alright, there is nothing between bleach and ex bleach, basically lighter than a BL1 or a BL4..

I can say the material looks great, I even did a lateral veneer on myself, but Ive had some cracking when firing porcelain, FB group says to use peg putty, which I have been now, but that still worries me.

Peg putty, I wonder why they said that, to slow the cooling down and change the cte? I'd rather just change my cooling cycle accordingly, if that is the case?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
EP5000

Peg putty? I thought we got away from using that because of cracking.
the GC rep was just here last week talking about a rather massive case im working on. and since i snagged some lisipress we got to chatting about that. at least the EP3000s have been a bit hot on the presses (according to him),maybe drop temp 5deg and see how it goes. i can go look at the temps he said others were using and having success if youd like.

Top Bottom