LiSi (Questions)

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
So.... kind of dumb question.. but I keep running into informational dead ends. What rings are you all using for LiSi? I just got some ingots in and they're bigger than the channel of the rings I already have. I'm told that ADS Perfect Ring should have the 13mm channel, but the one guy that can anwer that question is at lunch and I'm not sure I'll really get that call back.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
So.... kind of dumb question.. but I keep running into informational dead ends. What rings are you all using for LiSi? I just got some ingots in and they're bigger than the channel of the rings I already have. I'm told that ADS Perfect Ring should have the 13mm channel, but the one guy that can anwer that question is at lunch and I'm not sure I'll really get that call back.
I use the E.max rings...I have superrings (i think thats what they are called) for larger cases. Never had an issue with the rings ever. The only issue with LiSi is that you should really use disposable plungers because that stuff sticks to the old e.max plungers so much that it takes forever to sandblast off.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score

Other pressables I used (OPC) were a smaller plunger. If you notice disposable plungers are listed at 13mm for eMax. Same as LiSi. Harvest now has them too.
I only use Super ring here. If anyone thought figuring how to press eMax was a hassle, LiSi just as much. After “Hot” pressings and cold (short margins) I’m dialed in at 895. You need to add five minutes of hold with Super ring. Here’s my #’s.

67CBD803-531B-4E14-8C0C-C88AD717A706.jpeg

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
30 min hold seems long.. I think mine is at 15..

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
30 min hold seems long.. I think mine is at 15..

GC chart. I add five to the hold per Super ring that acts as a 200 gm ring. Depends on your oven too.

CEB7A7D6-B713-4C50-89E0-2C7DF9D6BD25.png

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
gotcha, maybe Im at 25 min.. I havent pressed a crown in months... Theyve just dried up, everyones just not ordering them..

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input and advice.
Other pressables I used (OPC) were a smaller plunger. If you notice disposable plungers are listed at 13mm for eMax. Same as LiSi. Harvest now has them too.
I only use Super ring here. If anyone thought figuring how to press eMax was a hassle, LiSi just as much. After “Hot” pressings and cold (short margins) I’m dialed in at 895. You need to add five minutes of hold with Super ring. Here’s my #’s.

View attachment 31988

I have an old Autopress from Jensen.. which will post a challenge I'm sure. I'll record your numbers and give them a go.

These work great. It sounds like you are using old Empress rings. LD ingots are larger in diameter, than Empress. Make sure that the channel is 13mm.
https://www.americandentalsupply.net/store/product.php/1143.htm

I've been using the paper rings... I'm not even sure of the company. I've always hated those but I work with what I'm given. Definitely too small of a channel for the LiSi though. I found that out the hard way after being told that "any pressing ring will do". It's been fun trying to find out what I need exactly for this system. I should have come to this site a while ago.

I have the Perfect Rings from ADS coming in, 13mm channel. A GC rep that knows all about LiSi is coming in Tuesday to walk me through getting good presses. Even though I had used Avante for many years, we never did a lot of presses so I never perfected the process.. or even learned it fully. I would love to not press anything anymore and just design digitally and have another company make the product.... but it's not my call. :/

C

cre8ceram

Reaction score
The buzz is quite high and the product really is great Rob. I predict big things for it, Ivoclar should be a bit worried :)

Just did a full mouth of singles with this stuff, stain and glaze, and it turned out awesome!!!

GC initial LiSi glass is a great companion as well

Specialized veneering ceramic for lithium disilicate

This ceramic is the specialized veneering ceramic designed for lithium disilicate frameworks. With this type of frameworks gaining popularity, GC offers now a material for highly aesthetic and durable restorations for long-term patient satisfaction.
Thanks to the exactly cross-matched coefficients of thermal expansion (CTE),its low firing temperature and highest stability during multiple firings, GC Initial LiSi ensures you a safe and predictable processing of lithium disilicate frameworks.
GC Initial LiSi can be used in the individual layering and in the cut-back technique following the proven Initial ceramic concept - One shade system - one layering technique. If you want to go even further, full anatomical frameworks can be enhanced by staining using the GC Initial Lustre Pastes NF. The simplicity and secure handling of the Initial LiSi powders assure a short learning curve offering quick, aesthetic and economical results.

Advantages

• Superior natural aesthetics, specially designed and adapted to the light-dynamics of lithium disilicate frameworks
  • Low firing temperature and exactly cross-matched coefficients of thermal expansion with high stability, even after multiple firings
  • Comprehensive shade and layering system
  • Simple handling and short learning curve
  • Quick, aesthetic and economical results
Ivoclar developed a beautiful and predictable material with Emax,their patent expired and with that their monopoly.
Good for us technicians, we have many more options and we get more for our buck.

Top Bottom