LiSi jagged margins

E

El Cisne

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

we are pressing mostly max, but occasionally Lisi. We are using a Zubler pressing oven and have changed parameters multiple times and multiple ways, yet still keep getting jagged margins on pressings. We've spoken with different tech support people, and they can not seem to help us. Curious if anyone out there has experienced these marginal issues and then has actually found a solution? Never do I have this issue w max.

Thank you in advance for advice!

Z

ztech

Reaction score
The following is what I press at in my Zubler. It may get you close to what your oven needs.
Start 700C
Final 891C
Hold 25 min
Max press 10 min

Photos of your problem would be helpful.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
. I have a Zubler furnace and seldom this happened , Could be the investment, the debubblizer if used, plunger force, high air pressure when sandblasting or the wrong sand, high concentration of acid used for reaction layer in ultrasonic and lastly the ring size.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

we are pressing mostly max, but occasionally Lisi. We are using a Zubler pressing oven and have changed parameters multiple times and multiple ways, yet still keep getting jagged margins on pressings. We've spoken with different tech support people, and they can not seem to help us. Curious if anyone out there has experienced these marginal issues and then has actually found a solution? Never do I have this issue w max.

Thank you in advance for advice!
Are you using the same investment, while having the issues?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Has little or nothing to do with your pressing oven.
You are either not burning the wax out completely, not high/long enough soak (900'c for milled wax). What wax and investment are you using? Are you using the LiSi spray on your wax patterns? Too many variables, way too little info to make an educated guess. If chris @ zubler cant help than you either didnt listen or dont know the right question to ask, he is a guru.

E

El Cisne

Reaction score
Asked listened still have problem. I appreciate the responses. I will return with more details.

E

El Cisne

Reaction score
The following is what I press at in my Zubler. It may get you close to what your oven needs.
Start 700C
Final 891C
Hold 25 min
Max press 10 min

Photos of your problem would be helpful.
Very close to one we’ve tried. Although max press time is longer.

E

El Cisne

Reaction score
Has little or nothing to do with your pressing oven.
You are either not burning the wax out completely, not high/long enough soak (900'c for milled wax). What wax and investment are you using? Are you using the LiSi spray on your wax patterns? Too many variables, way too little info to make an educated guess. If chris @ zubler cant help than you either didnt listen or dont know the right question to ask, he is a guru.
Chris is a good guy, but he was stumped as well.