Light Curing Unit

precisionortho

precisionortho

Reaction score
Hi all, I am in the market for a new light curing box, preferably a bench top unit, but not a Triad. Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can pick one up on the cheaper side?

Thanks,
Dave

L

labdude

Reaction score
You could try Adium. In Long Beach Ca. Shipping might be high. Maybe google for used lab equipment, and specify light cure.
What are you light curing??? Would a hand held unit work?? Like is used chair side.
Mike.

Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
Try Harris Discount...
Are you going to use it for the Biomers Bow?

Regards,
Don

precisionortho

precisionortho

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I have used the hand held units before and I don't like them b/c of the time it takes to sit there and hold everything. I need one to cure vlc material used for blockouts on bleaching trays. I would like to place the acrylic and set the model in the unit and forget about it. I have seen small tray units at conventions in the past but couldn't remember exactly who made them. Zahn has a new one for $250, but I was hoping to find one a little cheaper. By the way have any of you used the Schutz micro impluse welder?

Thanks,
dave

L

labdude

Reaction score
250 doesn't sound to bad, these days. Myself, I haven't used VLC for years. I'm not making anyhting that requires it.
As for welding, I use a GL tack welder on everything. Then, follow that with Oxy Acet and silver solder. I find the very hot and small flame to be quick and I am able to solder wire that is in acrylic (labial bow to adams distance of joint) and not get any burn in acrylic.
It works excellent for a Herbst as well. Tack weld the whole goody, then solder away.
So...you real busy now??? Hope so!!
Mike.

precisionortho

precisionortho

Reaction score
Hey Mike, I am busy now. Much busier then the last time I talked to you. I have room to expand to one more account. I have been talking to several Pedo residents at UAB who seem very interested. They graduate next week and I'm hoping to hear from some of them at that time. Thanks for the info.