Let's talk about PEEK.

Tunajoe

Tunajoe

Reaction score
school me on this stuff. Deciding if I need to keep a puck or two in my inventory.

I know it's strong.
I know they make custom healing abutments with it.
Partial frameworks.

What sticks to it?
Does acrylic or composite stick to it?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Nothing sticks to it, so people who use it make stuff, make it wrap around.

Its fairly easy to machine, somewhat more difficult to extrude, and according to some patients looks like garbage and feels just as bad.

I dont recommend for use as frame for anything. Stick to healing abutments.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Stuff does stick to it it has some flex so use it for removable over dentures it holds up really well. Plaque doesnt stick to it like acrylic i have patients now that have had it as dentures for 2 years its good in the right place .Im 50 50 on its use for fixed though because of the flex.Its as tuff as hell .

Roman

Roman

Reaction score
You guys absolutely right about PEEK or other HPP bonding problems. Pure PEEK doesn't bond to anything.
I spent a lot of time and money to solve a problem but no success :(
The best result I achieve, was using Cold Plasma Surface Treatment and Visiolink Primer.
Most of companies solve bonding problem by adding ceramic powder to HPP (kind of composite as result)
So I choose another way. Mechanical retention ! Artificial Teeth (porcelain, composite, resin ... ) are fused into PEEK.
Retention is perfect.
As of flexibility of material, in my opinion, it's big advantage for many reasons.
Below is picture of prototype I made of PEEK and IPN Teeth GC Gum composite.
For full arch prosthesis PEEK is absolutely the best solution.

IMG_4540a.jpg