Let’s talk about Asiga

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
I know I want an Asiga but if I’m not mistaken the UV version came out in 2017. Should I buy a great leading printer that is 5 years old? Does anybody have any inside scoop on the next version of their base printer?

One thing I hate when making a big purchase is when the new model comes out within a few months. It’s one thing to know cellphones are a annual item or even some TV’s to a point. It’s another when your making an equipment purchase that is in excess of $10,000.

Also any wisdom on how to focus on the bigger picture regardless of the tool or equipment. Thanks in advance.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We bought the Asiga 4K six months ago. It's my only experience with 3D printers. It works great. I have restored a ton of IOS implant cases with it and I've had zero issues with inaccuracy of the contacts or the restoration being misaligned. This printer has a large build tray(6-8 arches at a time). If you don't need a printer that big, I've heard very good things about the Asiga Max also which has a smaller build tray and resin reservoir.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'll tell ya about asiga, no idea on new version but I wish I would of taken the money I spent on the asiga max (11k) through whipmix and applied that to buying the pro4k (25k) because once you start printing you will keep adding stuff to print with it....in both fixed and removable worlds. Before you know it, you will be at the lab waiting to load more because you bought the little max instead of having the room on a bigger print plate like the pro4k.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I'll tell ya about asiga, no idea on new version but I wish I would of taken the money I spent on the asiga max (11k) through whipmix and applied that to buying the pro4k (25k) because once you start printing you will keep adding stuff to print with it....in both fixed and removable worlds. Before you know it, you will be at the lab waiting to load more because you bought the little max instead of having the room on a bigger print plate like the pro4k.
I agree! If you are bigger than just a one or two person lab, I'd suggest to go with a bigger print (plate) than the one the Asiga Max offers. However, I am a small outfit and the Max is well suited for my needs.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
From some other techs I've talked to on the Asiga Facebook page, they have multiple Asigas. They like the Max for printing copings and frameworks and they use the 4K for models.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I know I want an Asiga but if I’m not mistaken the UV version came out in 2017. Should I buy a great leading printer that is 5 years old? Does anybody have any inside scoop on the next version of their base printer?

One thing I hate when making a big purchase is when the new model comes out within a few months. It’s one thing to know cellphones are a annual item or even some TV’s to a point. It’s another when your making an equipment purchase that is in excess of $10,000.

Also any wisdom on how to focus on the bigger picture regardless of the tool or equipment. Thanks in advance.
That's the new business model. That's why company's jumped into "digital technology". It's just like PCs in the 90s. They don't make money selling you a Red Wing and a model trimmer that last 20 years. But now they have a subscription every year for the cost of a couple motors, and a "faster, more accurate" machine next year.

Asiga all the way in dental brand. Don't go in debt to buy it, it'll only sting more. Buy what you can afford. Which came first, the shovel or the backhoe?

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the input. I’ve heard from some that having two Max UV instead of one Pro 4k is better. As you can have multiple things going. For example one for the denture base while the other is doing the teeth. Price wise it would be couple thousands less. Either way looks like I’ll be getting a Asiga soon.

MAFCDL

MAFCDL

Reaction score
What reseller did all of you decide to buy from? How has the service/support been? We've considered adding an Asiga to our printer family, but I haven't looked into the best place to get one yet.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i considered an Asiga, both models. was leaning toward the pro4k....but found the response time to questions about the technical side of things to be lacking. actually, i never got a call/email back from the reseller and got sick of bothering them for answers. everyone i know with an asiga likes them, so thats a bonus. i couldnt get support prior to purchase, so i went another route. last thing i want to do is unload cash and not get support after the fact.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
What reseller did all of you decide to buy from? How has the service/support been? We've considered adding an Asiga to our printer family, but I haven't looked into the best place to get one yet.
I went with WhipMix, support is great...on the technical side and sales side of the house. This was before Nowak started selling them but I have no idea what his support is, just that his sales folks are awesome to deal with.

H

HampeTC

Reaction score
I have tried a few different 3d printers during the past few years and are currently running two Ariga max. Its a good work horse printer and the software is simpel to use. The build tray can be a bit small at times but its nice to be able to print with two different resins at the same time (if you have more the one that is). Were a two man lab so i dont see a need for the Pro 4k at the moment.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
I am very happy with our Max. But I have to say like the others that the support from the resellers are what makes the difference. The sales team and tech support knew what I wanted and had the knowledge and experience to guide me.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy a 1080p system (Max) in 2022, its a lot more cash, but I personally think a 4K is a better, longer lasting, investment. 3D printers with 1080p screen or projector are such a DRAG on build plate size. It is just as much time to post process one vs six models, the build plate size on the 4K will save on labor in a major way.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
Random point. I've been using the Asiga Max this week and its met my expectations and a Carbon M2 that fell short (how do you meet the hype that something like Carbon has?). There is not silver bullet in 3D printing today, absolutely none of these systems are perfect. Asiga is great, don't take this point as me saying don't buy it (just get the 4K... lol).

I wish I could take the best features of Formlabs, Carbon, and Asiga; smash them together to make the ultimate dental 3D printing system and workflow...

Oh well... : )

doug

doug

Reaction score
I got mine from Nowak. Better price. Haven't need any support that I can find online...so far. 10/10 do it abgain

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Random point. I've been using the Asiga Max this week and its met my expectations and a Carbon M2 that fell short (how do you meet the hype that something like Carbon has?). There is not silver bullet in 3D printing today, absolutely none of these systems are perfect. Asiga is great, don't take this point as me saying don't buy it (just get the 4K... lol).

I wish I could take the best features of Formlabs, Carbon, and Asiga; smash them together to make the ultimate dental 3D printing system and workflow...

If they did that, you wouldn't have bought a Formlabs, Carbon, and Asiga and still be wanting for next year's model.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score

Carbon's resins are nice!!! Especially for models. Accurate and quick but holy shltballs batman it's expensive. 3k a month lease it's hard to constitute the ROI on that investment. I've been playing around with the math trying to justify it and you'd be around 8 pro4k's before it would equal out to having 1 carbon cost wise. You imagine how much you could produce with 8 pro4k's...one carbon would have a hard time keeping up with 2 pro4k's, let alone 8 of them. I like Carbon's models but I also like Lamborghini's and don't drive one of those either. Just my random thoughts, feel free to disagree.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy a 1080p system (Max) in 2022, its a lot more cash, but I personally think a 4K is a better, longer lasting, investment.

That’s the issue I have. Capitol is hard to come by on a small lab. Trying the make the best decision given the circumstance of not being able to afford or justify a 4K Pro. Also knowing technology moves so fast today and newer is almost alway better. Try playing a heavy graphic demanding game on a iPhone 9. Asiga has to be coming out with a refresh for a base model but I really can’t wait. It’s also more frustrating because Desktop Health just came out with their Einstein ($9,999) printers with a resin that is (according to the “testing”) better than Lucitone.