Layered? Stained? No....It's MiYO®

Stacey

Stacey

Sponsors
Ratings
Layered? Stained? No….it’s MiYO®, the world’s first esthetic monolithic finishing system.

Contact your Jensen Sales Consultant today to learn how you can experience MiYO® for yourself at Jensen’s booth B41 & C40 at Lab Day in Chicago next month! You’ll want to be a part of this. Call 800-243-2000 or visit jensendental.com/miyo.

insert front.jpg

CreativeTech

CreativeTech

Ratings
28 1
What I saw when I was up there last week was down right amazing. Can't wait till I'm allowed to talk about it. :augie

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

40% titanium
Staff member
Ratings
3,902 94
so its not layered, and not stained.
its just some stuff you slather on, rather like a layered kit.

next!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

40% titanium
Staff member
Ratings
3,902 94
i'm just a developer, and right now an internet troll.

this looks very much like a layering system for fcz. so unless you were going for the "its a bird, its a plane, its superman" line, sidestepping the word Layered because it isnt a ceramic you are putting on with any thickness doesn't altogether instill a great deal of confidence that it isn't a layered or staining system.

much the opposite, it is a layering system for stains, making it little more than a complex staining system.

which i'd much rather you say. its a complex staining system for anu5-retentive types. otherwise there will be folks like my old employer, keen to buy 3 colours out of the kit, none of the important bits "because I like the blue from this other kit and i'm too cheap to pay for the whole miyo system"

so i'd rather see a far simpler kit that is harder to split up. tell me you only sell it in a bundle at 5k and you lose the literally hundreds of little labs that mix and match kits. tell me you only sell individual bottles and all of a sudden I have trouble ordering the full thing because i didn't know i needed a certain bottle for a certain colour and poof my zirc now look terrible and its your fault.

complex staining system - great idea in an ideal world where everyone buys whole kits and doesnt have a problem switching from their old system right away.

you'll get like a dozen fully sold opinion leading people and a few buyers on the regular.

essentially a porcelain kit would still outperform. and lets face it, the people who buy the porcelain kits also spend time doing the zirc stains; how have you saved time or headache?

unless i've completely whooshed it here, i can't see any reason someone would buy it. please elucidate.

if i've overstepped my bounds, i do apologize.

S

sirmorty

Ratings
125 4
Why are you crapping all over this? It's just marketing words.

You sound like a grumpy old cad/cam tech. With absolutely zero experience with porcelain/staining.

If we all just glazed the crowns that the mill made where would be the fun in that?

Every one who has ever bought a porcelain kit or glazing kit has unopened bottle of stuff they have never used. It's the reality.

Not everyone is Wille Geller and is going to put on 13 different types of porcelain on a single crown but it's cool that you are at least able to if you want to try and make your own style.

I think it's great and appreciate that people are trying to innovate and make new materials/ techniques.

user name

user name

Donator
Ratings
3,690 50
Oh! Tamiya was my favorite brand of paint and car models when I was a kid, that brought back memories Username! Sniff...Sniff....
Don't get me started. The smells...:) The colors!

Im about one short step away from trying a funky late 60's psychedelic paint job on the Super Duke.

K

KIM

Ratings
346 2
Don't get me started. The smells...:) The colors!

Im about one short step away from trying a funky late 60's psychedelic paint job on the Super Duke.
Every once in a while I get a hair across my keester and sit down and build a model, lol. Usually when I'm sick....Great memories...

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!