Layered e.max - HT, MT or LT

WENDY

WENDY

Reaction score
For layered e.max cases, which translucency do you use? HT, MT or LT? MO shades?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
For layered e.max cases, which translucency do you use? HT, MT or LT? MO shades?
Not HT! Very translucent already and you will run into low value issues.
MT, LT and MO can be layered. It depends a lot on the case. What is the prep shade looking, how are the surrounding teeth etc.
I mostly use Multi, these days. If not, MT. And if the prep shade is a bit darker, LT or MO (very unusual, though)

WENDY

WENDY

Reaction score
Not HT! Very translucent already and you will run into low value issues.
MT, LT and MO can be layered. It depends a lot on the case. What is the prep shade looking, how are the surrounding teeth etc.
I mostly use Multi, these days. If not, MT. And if the prep shade is a bit darker, LT or MO (very unusual, though)
Thank you for your input :) It helps a lot!

V

vitul2002

Reaction score
Hi everybody. Could you please give me a hint on the problem I have at the moment. I press 2 centrals - a veneer and adjacent crow. After pressing and layering they both look all right. However when a doc puts them into the mouth, a crown looks grey. I have ND2 stumps and have to get BL4 restaurations. used MT BL2 then LT BL3. None worked out well. :(

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hi everybody. Could you please give me a hint on the problem I have at the moment. I press 2 centrals - a veneer and adjacent crow. After pressing and layering they both look all right. However when a doc puts them into the mouth, a crown looks grey. I have ND2 stumps and have to get BL4 restaurations. used MT BL2 then LT BL3. None worked out well. :(
Recheck the shade on the veneer. It may be different after being bonded. The different thicknesses are the challenge.

D

Dori

Reaction score
Sometimes it helps to have photos from the Doctor of the restorations, if you can’t be there. I like to take photos even when I can be there for reference. It’s a challenge making 3 different restoration types next to each other.