Lava Esthetic

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Has anybody heard when 3M is going to have all 16 Vita shades available? So far there are only 8.
This stuff looks really good!

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I don't think there are any plans for more shades. Rationale is probably that they consider it an esthetic material and not too many folks shopping for esthetics are interested in C4...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I agree with PDC, even though it says Esthetic, they need to have more, if not all the shades as this is where
the industry is going (already is),zirconia. So why not have all the shades, and it being "esthetic", also.

It's the same thing with emax ZirCAD, with only limited shades...why?

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I don't think there are any plans for more shades. Rationale is probably that they consider it an esthetic material and not too many folks shopping for esthetics are interested in C4...

I guess it's kinda like trying getting a different color on a car. The ones that always catch your eye are "special order" and always cost more.

It's like an incomplete kit to me. Katana still is a step ahead of them with regards to shades.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I agree with PDC, even though it says Esthetic, they need to have more, if not all the shades as this is where
the industry is going (already is),zirconia. So why not have all the shades, and it being "esthetic", also.

It's the same thing with emax ZirCAD, with only limited shades...why?
It takes a great deal of fiddling and test batches to get a stable, reproducible, and spot on correct blend of colorants that merge in the correct patterns. And they have more experience with the more common shades, making less common ones even more of a headscratch when blending.

While it is possible to make them in any shade, they may just not feel it is worth the pre-production outlay to achieve as solid a shade hit with the less requested options. They are certain to have charts that indicate what the most popular shades are, not just across the board, but by location and month of prescription.

It's all about money. Always will be.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I have to wonder if it is not a production issue. It takes a great deal of fiddling and test batches to get a stable, reproducible, and spot on correct blend of colorants that merge in the correct patterns.

While it is possible to make them in any shade, they may just not feel it is worth the pre-production outlay to achieve as solid a shade hit with the less requested options. They are certain to have charts that indicate what the most popular shades are, not just across the board, but by location and month of prescription.

It's all about money. Always will be.

That's usually the response they, manufactures, tend give from their end.
I'm just thinking from our, the lab end ;) :)

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Has anybody heard when 3M is going to have all 16 Vita shades available? So far there are only 8.
This stuff looks really good!

How many have you produced? Which shades do you find to be the most spot-on? And no, I asked and there does not seem to be any intention of adding shades at this time.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
How many have you produced? Which shades do you find to be the most spot-on? And no, I asked and there does not seem to be any intention of adding shades at this time.

I've used the A1, A2, A3.5 so far and was very impressed. Straumann just started offering this material so I haven't had the opportunity to try them all yet. The Katana materials are nice too, but maybe not quite as nice as the Lava imo.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I keep hearing that crowns are a commodity now. We need to diversify....
If that's the case then what's the big deal of having only a few shades?

Could it be that we all don't all want to be the next Henry Ford?

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I keep hearing that crowns are a commodity now. We need to diversify....
If that's the case then what's the big deal of having only a few shades?

Could it be that we all don't all want to be the next Henry Ford?

Sometimes you want to wear a different color shirt. ;)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
That's usually the response they, manufactures, tend give from their end.
I'm just thinking from our, the lab end ;) :)
Weheheeeellll then. Excuuuuse me. :)

It would be nice wouldn't it, for them to think of patient care. It's "tooth racism". Only these shades are allowed.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Weheheeeellll then. Excuuuuse me. :)

It would be nice wouldn't it, for them to think of patient care. It's "tooth racism". Only these shades are allowed.

lol...good one :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
tooth racism lol

A1 privilege?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
tooth racism lol

A1 privilege?
Why not. We're inventing all kinds of things for people to protest, here's one that makes some sense. Let's have a kneel-in at the Chicago meeting.

[edit:some= the existence of any. Not a large enough amount to quantify]

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
It's always amazing where a thread can go. Starts out on point but then drifts. It's like someone with ADD...not saying any of you have a disorder like that. :D

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
It's always amazing where a thread can go. Starts out on point but then drifts. It's like someone with ADD...not saying any of you have a disorder like that. :D

But then again, I was reading about which fast food restaurants have the best chicken strips while looking at this thread. Anybody want to guess who was #1?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If there is no demand for a full shade guide option because most large labs consider single crowns as a commodity then we have a problem.
It's like having a client ask for a3 on every posterior crown , why buy a complete porcelain kit ?

First to market is the top priority in today's corporate world.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Let the little guy figure out how to make an A3 into a C4. Megalab just ordered 10tons of A2 disks.

Top Bottom