laser welding

S

straight edge

Reaction score
Im new to the forum, but my question is about laser welding. Do any of you use this method? Anyone know what they cost? I didnt really think about going into the archives to look for a post like this till now. Thanks

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We have had a laser for more than 10 years and it is by far the single best investment in equipment I have ever purchased. It has constantly been up and running with ZERO repairs and we use it everyday.

Once you have one in your lab you will continually ask yourself how you ever managed with out one. I have the Gramm unit and I think I paid like $25k for it back in the day.

S

straight edge

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply it is very helpful.

Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
Im new to the forum, but my question is about laser welding. Do any of you use this method? Anyone know what they cost? I didnt really think about going into the archives to look for a post like this till now. Thanks

Adding a Laser to our lab was the best decision we ever made.
Visit the thread LASER WELDING IN ORTHODONTICS for more info and a few photos. We now own 2 laser welders because we felt we needed redundancy, we felt we could not be without a laser for a single day and needed a backup machine.

Regards,
Don

H

Hawk15

Reaction score
Do used laser welders show up on the market very often? I checked ebay without much luck. What do the entry level units cost new?

G

gigglingnewt

Reaction score
we're getting one in the new year...i can't wait...if you are trying to get a hold of a cheper one ask you national distributors...there is occasionally a chnace that they might be equipping a lab with a new laser welder and would then have a second hand to 're-home' failing that they might have a display model to sell on cheap...let your interest be known to them early and you'll have more chance of securing one.