Laser sintered bridge frame work distortion

D

dranil

Reaction score
Can any one help n explain how to avoid distortion of DMLS frame work during porcelain baking. Seriously I am facing lot of trouble with almost every case.

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
What type of metal? High Noble, noble, non precious? How much chromium if it's an NP?
What porcelain are you using?
Details needed

D

dranil

Reaction score
chromium 52- 55% , using ips classic( Ivoclar) material for layering. Bridge seating is good initially then distortion started from opaque firing that lead to open margins, gaps below Pontics,

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
chromium 52- 55% , using ips classic( Ivoclar) material for layering. Bridge seating is good initially then distortion started from opaque firing that lead to open margins, gaps below Pontics,
what is your firing programs?

Did you ask the slm lab what the metal is rated for in temps and hold times?

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
There is no easy fix for this. You will need to discuss with the slm provider what the recommended handling steps and temps are.
We fire to SLM NP bridges without issue. We use Duceram or Vita vm13 depending on the shade and use all the standard recommended firing ycles. We get our SLM units produced by Argen USA.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
are you sure you havent missed a step? i'm thinking an initial bake before anything is added to the frame.

M

MMC

Reaction score
Hi, let me explain you that all frames after the SLM process are oven treated at temperatures up to 900 Celsius Degrees to liberate any stress during the laser fusion process. but this should be done by your metal frame provider before removing the parts from the building plates.
The problem of structure distorsion is because when you bake the porcelain the stresses inside the structure liberate, again it is a problem on the het treatment from you metal parts provider.
i hope this helps you a little

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
I'm surprised that Ivoclar still deliver IPS Classic... I saw the last one 20 years ago.

Top Bottom