Lab supply

Davor RDT

Davor RDT

Reaction score
Hi Techs and others .
Quick question , I am looking for a 3rd party Lab screws that work well with original components . Thats Lab screws NOT Prosthetic screws. So far , if I haven't one in lab for a particular platform I have to order an extra prosthetic screw since prosthetic screw should never be opened until delivery and they are $ A.F !
Any help is welcome .

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Good question, as I do the same thing you do, for the same reason, or at least so I'm not abusing the prosthetic screw.
Some companies do offer that option (i.e. Nobel) but as far as across the board 3rd party, I'll be curious to find out, too.
I didn't find anything up to date in a search as far as an answer, just older threads.

Dess may have cheaper screws in general, even though they're still a 3rd party "prosthetic" screw.

edit: since this is a new thread, others will see it for awhile. It may have been a little more helpful to have named (or rename it) the thread to something
like; Lab implant screws.

Last edited:
Davor RDT

Davor RDT

Reaction score
Thank you . I'll look unto their catalogue and see what they got

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You're welcome. But still, wait around for others to possibly have an idea for you, as I'm not as up to date of what may be out there in that regard.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Now a days many implants components companies send two identical final screws, so no confusion happened at the end.Incase.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Good point Tayeb, as far as not confusing the screws. That's why I put the original screw back in the abutment box, or a crown and bridge box and put that in the Dr/Patient lab pan. Then I have a separate little plastic tray on my bench that I have all my screws, "lab" analogs etc in, so I don't mix them up.

I also have a little cabinet with drawers for implant parts that I put and mark the new good screws I have on hand, for an account that once in awhile needs it, or, that I need to replace on my lab side.

Last edited:
Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Argen and TruAbutemnt give you a 'spare', when ordering their custom abutments. I really (!) like that.

However, you can get screws for around $10-12, from Dess, Open Implants, Medentika and others

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Argen and TruAbutemnt give you a 'spare', when ordering their custom abutments. I really (!) like that.

However, you can get screws for around $10-12, from Dess, Open Implants, Medentika and others

I went to Dess's webpage, but didn't see the cheaper lab screw page. Could you post that for me, please? :)

E

EDR

Reaction score
Hi Techs y otros.
Pregunta rápida, estoy buscando tornillos de laboratorio de terceros que funcionen bien con componentes originales. Son tornillos de laboratorio, NO tornillos protésicos. Hasta ahora, si no tengo uno en el laboratorio para una plataforma en particular, tengo que pedir un tornillo protésico adicional, ya que el tornillo protésico nunca debe abrirse hasta la entrega y cuesta $ AF.
Cualquier ayuda es bienvenida.
De qué marca de implantes necesita.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Imagine has screws relatively inexpensive as well.

depending on the manufacturer, some of them sell "try-in" screws or lab screws. we stock a ton of them for the same reason. use while the case is in house, and send the unused new final screw with the final product.

Davor RDT

Davor RDT

Reaction score

Thank you

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I went to Dess's webpage, but didn't see the cheaper lab screw page. Could you post that for me, please? :)
Sure:

Dess, with $13, is actually on the expensive side. Medentika has them for $10 and Open Implants for $12.
Imagine has screws relatively inexpensive as well.
Well, according to their webpage, they go by $45 a pop

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
DESS only has final screws. In the USA the website is www.dess-usa.com and click on DESS PRODUCTS then Screws.https://www.dess-usa.com/screws/ The price is $13 for a screw and we also have 10 packs of several of them for $90. All the screws we make are for the original implants, abutments, screw compatibility so for example we have them specifically for BioHorizons while others sell you a zimmer screw. The design is completely different.

Top Bottom