Lab fee's digital vs conventional

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I include a custom tray for all my modeless cases.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Just curious, if you do a modelless crown for a doc off of his scan and he then returns it to have a contact added because it's open in the mouth, do you charge for that inconvenience?

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
You can use this.

Dear dentist,
I understand that you have recently invested in new equipment and are looking to reduce your costs. However, as a supplier of dental products, I too have had to invest in new equipment in order to provide the high-quality products that you and your patients expect. As a result, I am unable to lower my product fees at this time.
However, I do want to help in any way that I can. One way that I can help is by reducing my turnaround times for orders. This will allow you to receive your products more quickly, which may help to improve your productivity and efficiency. I will do my best to make sure that your orders are processed and shipped as quickly as possible.
Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to help. I value our business relationship and want to make sure that we are able to find a solution that works for both of us.
Sincerely, [Your Name]

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
You can use this.

Dear dentist,
I understand that you have recently invested in new equipment and are looking to reduce your costs. However, as a supplier of dental products, I too have had to invest in new equipment in order to provide the high-quality products that you and your patients expect. As a result, I am unable to lower my product fees at this time.
However, I do want to help in any way that I can. One way that I can help is by reducing my turnaround times for orders. This will allow you to receive your products more quickly, which may help to improve your productivity and efficiency. I will do my best to make sure that your orders are processed and shipped as quickly as possible.
Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to help. I value our business relationship and want to make sure that we are able to find a solution that works for both of us.
Sincerely, [Your Name]
austin powers no GIF

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Just curious, if you do a modelless crown for a doc off of his scan and he then returns it to have a contact added because it's open in the mouth, do you charge for that inconvenience?
No. I will add that this rarely happens. I have good communications with our modeless docs to make sure our contacts and occlusion remain consistent. When we start a new doc with modeless crowns, I always let them know that there may be a bit more adjusting in the chair at first and that they can send me feedback so we can dial in our values for the proximal contacts and occlusion until they are happy with the crown deliveries. It also probably helps our lab's workflow that when a case does come back to add to contacts, I can give that to another tech to do. If we were a smaller lab, this would be a lot more of a hassle.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
They laugh at letters like that. See right through it.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Is everyone charging the same fee for digital work vs conventional impressions ?

I had a account tell me this morning at 7;30 am we should charge him less because he does everything digital

I am of the opinion it should be the same fee for both fixed and removeable regardless of method used

at the the end of the day you asked us to produce said restoration and that is what we provided

the lab fee would not go up or down based upon how the work is received or manufactured

any opinions on this or how you would or have handled the same ?

thank you
I would give the same answer the dentists give for why the work costs so much, you had to go through all the cost of equipment and training and have to factor that into your price. Just saying but removable techs have to be/are smarter than fixed techs lol :)

Top Bottom