Lab Cementation

SJ

SJ

Reaction score
So our lab cements ti-based screw retained before shipping out. We've been using Panavia SA Cement Plus and have had no issues until these couple past months where crown will fall out. Anyone here cementing before shipping? Was wondering what types of cement you use for hybrid abutments. I need a stronger bond.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Multi Link from Ivoclar. Never had a crown come off. I restore most of my cases using Atlantis Custom Base. Those abutments come with horizontal micro grooves in the abutment to help with retention. If I am cementing to a different ti base/abutment, I sandblast the abutment above the margin to help with retention.

SJ

SJ

Reaction score
Ok I thought so. I was looking at the Multi Link from Ivoclar as well. Thank you

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive had zero failures with Ivoclar multilink Implant.

You must blast the Ti and Zr and apply Monobond Plus first.

Im of the belief that you shouldnt do it 'in hand'. I always seat the Ti in the model and then bond. Otherwise you introduce a slight variable. I was contacted by a Dr for help with a case he sent to a 'top lab' in California. Big bridge, non-engaging inserts. When he seated the bridge, one of the inserts would pop out. Returned to the lab, came back and same thing. Dr was in a panic. Simple solution...the inserts were still shiny.

I got them all debonded and cleaned up; screwed into the model, the bridge had a slight rock. I made a very small adjustment to get it down and bonded it in place, on the model. Dr said it worked great.

B

basler

Reaction score
So our lab cements ti-based screw retained before shipping out. We've been using Panavia SA Cement Plus and have had no issues until these couple past months where crown will fall out. Anyone here cementing before shipping? Was wondering what types of cement you use for hybrid abutments. I need a stronger bond.
If you wanna keep using panavia switch to panavia v5 much better.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score

Im of the belief that you shouldnt do it 'in hand'. I always seat the Ti in the model and then bond. Otherwise you introduce a slight variable. I was contacted by a Dr for help with a case he sent to a 'top lab' in California. Big bridge, non-engaging inserts. When he seated the bridge, one of the inserts would pop out. Returned to the lab, came back and same thing. Dr was in a panic. Simple solution...the inserts were still shiny.

I got them all debonded and cleaned up; screwed into the model, the bridge had a slight rock. I made a very small adjustment to get it down and bonded it in place, on the model. Dr said it worked great.
Dr. sent it to California and you had to safe the day!

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score

I always cement on the model for these exact reasons

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Multi link, ivoclar.

Top Bottom