keeping cut lines straight.

chief26

chief26

Reaction score
I Would Like My Lines When I Cut The Acrylic For Expantion And Spring Aligner Retainers To Be Straight And Look Clean. I Have Improved But Its The Spring Aligners That Are The Hardest.....Any Advice...

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
how did you manage to capitalize every word of that sentence?

chief26

chief26

Reaction score
Lmao....Wish I Were Drinking......I Think Its A Setting On This Stupid Phone.(Droid). Cause It Did It On Another Form I Tried To Fill Out...I Just Cant Find It...Doesnt Do It On Fb Or My Texts...Oh..Todays Friday...Drinks Are Soon....

Betalab

Betalab

Reaction score
How are you cutting them at the moment? For our midline screws we use a jewellers fret saw and a really long smooth action. Sometimes for spring aligners we will use a tapered bur but the best one is a circular fret saw blade. It's teeth run the whole diameter of the blade so where ever and whatever angle you load the blade it cuts. Keep the strokes long and smooth and don't chop at it. A little wax on the blade will help it glide. Don't create to much friction as it will melt the acrylic and make the cut sloppy. Hope this helps,

- Patrick

R

rosarioortholab

Reaction score
For expansion appliances you can use a large econocutter. Perfect every time.then use a hand piece with a small bur and free the screw. For spring aligners I'm not sure what you mean. You can pm me if you want.

chief26

chief26

Reaction score
I Sent U 2 Emails....Did U Get Them Or Is This Phone Messin With Me Again....

chief26

chief26

Reaction score
Ill Look Up That Saw...Thanks...Very Helpful...

V

vkorthotech

Reaction score
The best ways is to allow the acrylic to set to where its no longer slumping. Let it dry for a minute cut it with a thin scalpel. Its much easier to cut it when its soft. Plus the scalpel or exacto knife is thin. You still have to use a disk but since you already have a cut the disk don't go as crooked.