Kavo K5 plus handpiece

P

Porece

Reaction score
Hi guys,is it normal from a new handpiece to hear ticking sound non stop,when is not working,literaly it is on the table and its ticking on intervals from 5 seconds,it is anoying as s.it.How to fix it.Thanks in advance

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Have you ticked anyone off lately? Check for any timers inside!

P

Porece

Reaction score
I know its funny,but it is anoying

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
It has a built in metronome to keep your pace as you work.

maxresdefault.jpg

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I hear mine do that occasionally... german overengineering..

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Have you ticked anyone off lately? Check for any timers inside!
Please don't take it the wrong way, did not mean to upset you. If my hand piece starts ticking I will know whats up. Sorry again.

P

Porece

Reaction score
This mother..cker do it all the time,click 5 seconds,click click click,is it some way to fix it

Garland Dental Services

Garland Dental Services

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hi Porece, not sure if you're using it with a floor or benchtop control, but is it possible the handpiece is inadvertently being engaged? If the chuck is open and the control lever is unknowingly pushed, it's a possibility that's the source of the sound.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yes if you lay the knee control handpiece down so that gravity pushes the pedal down, it will click.

P

Porece

Reaction score
Hi Porece, not sure if you're using it with a floor or benchtop control, but is it possible the handpiece is inadvertently being engaged? If the chuck is open and the control lever is unknowingly pushed, it's a possibility that's the source of the sound.
Its a TLC knee tipe which is fixed on side,the chucklet is closed with a bur inside ready to work,and you hear: click, 5 seconds pause, click and again and again

Garland Dental Services

Garland Dental Services

Sponsors
Reaction score
Do you have another K5 you can run on the box to eliminate either the handpiece or the control as the source of the problem? Those control boxes have magnets that can slip out of place and it's a similar noise, although the 5 second intervals is odd. From your post, it sounds like the noise is coming from the handpiece and not the box, so this may not even be applicable for your problem.

Have you contacted Kavo yet? If it's new and under warranty, I would recommend bringing it to their attention and see what they'll do.
The tech here that specializes in Kavo is gone for the day, but you're welcome to call on Monday and pick his brain if you'd like - just ask for Rob.

Hope that's a little helpful!
Rebekah

P

Porece

Reaction score
Do you have another K5 you can run on the box to eliminate either the handpiece or the control as the source of the problem? Those control boxes have magnets that can slip out of place and it's a similar noise, although the 5 second intervals is odd. From your post, it sounds like the noise is coming from the handpiece and not the box, so this may not even be applicable for your problem.

Have you contacted Kavo yet? If it's new and under warranty, I would recommend bringing it to their attention and see what they'll do.
The tech here that specializes in Kavo is gone for the day, but you're welcome to call on Monday and pick his brain if you'd like - just ask for Rob.

Rebekah
Thank you Rebe

Rebekah

Rebekah
Thank you dear Rebekah for the support,i was trying to send a video but dont know why i can not atach it,i will try with another tcl unit and we will see.

Garland Dental Services

Garland Dental Services

Sponsors
Reaction score
Let me know what you find out! And if you want to send the video, you are welcome to email it to me at [email protected].

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Porece you should be able to put your video on youtube and put the youtube link here and it should post without a problem.

J

Jammin

Reaction score
Porece, I've got the same thing going on.. Pretty new kavo k5(around a year old) with benchtop control. It's made the noise since it came out of the box.. functions perfecty fine so I'm not worried about it