Katana's going to hurt some business

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I just got an email from cerec doctors about Kuraray Noritake's new 18 minute sintering cycle for their katana stml blocks...
crown must be 3mm or less in thickness.
18 minutes

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
LOL would you trust it? I hate doing 2:50 cycles on the Ivoclar S1 1600 but in a pinch it helps. So much stress on the ZR for that fast amount of time. Another company that back stabbing the labs, when will this all stop. One reason i never use the HYPE! STML this STML that, see ya!

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Will not look as translucent for sure with such a short cycle and not sure with such a short cycle how it affects the strength of the crown. Let them put crap in the mouth if they like.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Will that stop some of you from buying Katana brand ZR? :pop:

user name

user name

Reaction score
No.

The availability of a superior product would though, and Im liking what I see with some of the Origin Beyond + Ive been using. Down side is its much more expensive than Ive been paying for Katana.

For those that use Beyond + but dont think its all that great, try sintering 50 degrees higher. Lose some chroma, but its worth it for the extra beautiful trans.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
How does that compare with the Zolid HT+ I wonder. Not sure I prefer lower strengths for greater translucency . . .
LCM

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Thanks, they compared with the Fx ML though. I am happy enough with the HT+ translucency for monolithic
implant cases.
LCM

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
LOL would you trust it? I hate doing 2:50 cycles on the Ivoclar S1 1600 but in a pinch it helps. So much stress on the ZR for that fast amount of time. Another company that back stabbing the labs, when will this all stop. One reason i never use the HYPE! STML this STML that, see ya!
I wouldn't trust anything from a chairside mill yet. The work I've seen on several friends and in-laws has broken after just a year or two.
Will not look as translucent for sure with such a short cycle and not sure with such a short cycle how it affects the strength of the crown. Let them put crap in the mouth if they like.
they have a video showing the results and they look great. I personally think if docs don't have the integrity for it, they'll be leaving some open occlusions to make sure they don't pass the 3mm thickness restrictions.

Top Bottom