Katana Zirconia Crowns

3DCAM

3DCAM

Reaction score
Why my Katana Zirconia Crowns are coming after Cintering Too Gray?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Why my Katana Zirconia Crowns are coming after Cintering Too Gray?
Have you recently calibrated your oven?
Were they good before and are not now?
Are these your first Katana crowns? You may need to adjust your oven temp 5-10 degrees at a time to get the results you want because of differences in where the thermometer is located in different furnaces.

3DCAM

3DCAM

Reaction score
Have you recently calibrated your oven?
Were they good before and are not now?
Are these your first Katana crowns? You may need to adjust your oven temp 5-10 degrees at a time to get the results you want because of differences in where the thermometer is located in different furnaces.
-No, How can I calibrate the oven?
-Yes, They were good before I started to see the grayish two weeks ago
-No, I've been milling Katana for over a year, I will try to adjust the temp today and will see what will happen.
Thank you

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
-No, How can I calibrate the oven?
-Yes, They were good before I started to see the grayish two weeks ago
-No, I've been milling Katana for over a year, I will try to adjust the temp today and will see what will happen.
Thank you
What oven do you have? Not just brand. exact model number.

user name

user name

Reaction score
If theyve been good and now its changed, Id look at replacing your beads. Temp issues would be less trans or opaquish whitening. Run a decontamination cycle. Have you also been using Zr with acid pigments? Could be contaminated elements. Is it all the crowns in a batch or specific shades?

Before adjusting your temps, fire a temp tab to check the temp. You should be doing that every couple months anyway.

Have your hands been clean? Recently do some auto work? Grease will ruin Zr, and it doesnt take much.