K5 Preciso(VHF) Mill Connection?

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I have had a couple hiccups in the past few pucks? I had 1 crown of 20 in last 2 jobs that came out with hole milled through that were not part of the design?? Its seems as though the mill is losing connection with PC for CNC info?? Today I started a full puck and on the third unit it just stopped and paused all while spindle was running and not moving throughX,Y,Z. I had no choice but to abort, but it wouldn't do that either. I shut mill down and subsequently restarted, then I reloaded job and watch and it proceeded so far through all coordinates past where it paused? Any ideas as I am not sure how to resolve, I like consistency, like Ron Popiel.....set it and forget it. Thanks in advance!

cnhart@me.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
I just returned my k5 that’s been doing weird stuff. Had enough of Henry SCHEIN support . So I am furious. Great tool but hopeless. Kept smashing - cam related

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Do you have any anti virus software? It will conflict with the CAM software and cause those problems. Make sure all remnants of the anti virus software is gone. It sounds crazy, I know, but the CAM software will not operate with anti virus.

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
we had similar issues with a couple of mills and CNC data transfer. Turned out to be an ethernet switch of all things.

K

KIM

Reaction score
we had similar issues with a couple of mills and CNC data transfer. Turned out to be an ethernet switch of all things.
Curious Joe...Is that your Talladium K5? Have you heard of others with that issue also? How long ago was the ethernet port replaced?

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
actually we had issues with our cnc-500, Dental Mill II, and talladium mill. They were all attached to the same switch. The CNC-500 and DentalMill would both start and run partially transferred programs then stop when the program ran out. The CAM computer that the talladium mill is attached to wouldn't connect to our 3Shape manufacturing directory. That's when we realized it was a networking thing. Replaced the 5 port switch they were running through and everything worked fine again. Turns out 3 of the 5 ports on the switch went goofy. I'm still using it as a 2 port switch.

K

KIM

Reaction score
actually we had issues with our cnc-500, Dental Mill II, and talladium mill. They were all attached to the same switch. The CNC-500 and DentalMill would both start and run partially transferred programs then stop when the program ran out. The CAM computer that the talladium mill is attached to wouldn't connect to our 3Shape manufacturing directory. That's when we realized it was a networking thing. Replaced the 5 port switch they were running through and everything worked fine again. Turns out 3 of the 5 ports on the switch went goofy. I'm still using it as a 2 port switch.
Gotcha, thanks!

K

keydental

Reaction score
I have had a couple hiccups in the past few pucks? I had 1 crown of 20 in last 2 jobs that came out with hole milled through that were not part of the design?? Its seems as though the mill is losing connection with PC for CNC info?? Today I started a full puck and on the third unit it just stopped and paused all while spindle was running and not moving throughX,Y,Z. I had no choice but to abort, but it wouldn't do that either. I shut mill down and subsequently restarted, then I reloaded job and watch and it proceeded so far through all coordinates past where it paused? Any ideas as I am not sure how to resolve, I like consistency, like Ron Popiel.....set it and forget it. Thanks in advance!

Hey Mike I’m having same issue as yours. Did you figure out what the problem was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I have a Preciso 205 and it recently had a couple more hiccups? The job is done, but the spindle and arm don't go to home position? Yesterday it broke the #1 tool, but didn't hurt the puck? I am not sure what it ran into, but I aim to find out. I will post what I learn if anything, sometimes it is cheaper to call it Ghost in The Machine and start another job. The effort I spend worrying, bitching and expecting the support team to solve it, is usually a converse relationship to my satisfaction with results.:confused:

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I have a Preciso 205 and it recently had a couple more hiccups? The job is done, but the spindle and arm don't go to home position? Yesterday it broke the #1 tool, but didn't hurt the puck? I am not sure what it ran into, but I aim to find out. I will post what I learn if anything, sometimes it is cheaper to call it Ghost in The Machine and start another job. The effort I spend worrying, bitching and expecting the support team to solve it, is usually a converse relationship to my satisfaction with results.:confused:
tape an old cell phone to the window and put a big SDcard in it. Set it to record video at the lowest resolution you can and you'll have hours of video to throw away if it does well, and a clue of what is happening when you're not looking if it starts to get spooky.

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score

No home.position means your axis positioning is off. Depending on the board they have you connected with it could be a result of grounding issues VHF had originally. I would start by grounding the machine with copper wire through your suction line. Especially if you use a quattro brand suction unit.

After that your best option is to push for VHF to replace the entire control board. It Is the whole back panel if the machine.

If you think it may be a CAM issue not a machine issue. Send some of the jobs to mark behrens and have them run some simulations on the calculations. Or send them to hyperdent USA to have a simulation done.

Also if you suspect the CAM software. Place it on a. Dedicated PC that will not compete with any other programs or processes while calculating.

Good luck and let me know how often it is happening. And if your machine is still stuck a non-home position.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
should it be that hard to work out the problem wouldnt you just get a cnc guy in or get the reseller to f;ndo something.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Well Grant, that is what I wish would happen. There are only so many of those guys and our industry just doesn't pay what the market bears for their employment. I have a new board, you helped install it;););)I have the ground in place also. The past ones that Jensen looked at, they couldn't find and issues in the files? I never thought of dedicated PC for CAM, but I guess I can see where it may cause issue. Then there's the issue that I was sold one computer when I bought the system and now have 3, I'm gonna keep an eye on it and hope for the best! I am still waiting for Mark to return, then we can look at next one together? Thanks for all the help. Once again, you cannot make decision on price alone, as the after sale support is easily worth 2-3K$ more for peace of mind. Don't think so ask the DEKEMA users who couldn't get heating elements when Core3D took over support for N. America from Jensen and others. They and DEKEMA were sorry and they offered sintering services, but WTF what a cluster**** that would've been! Redundancy is what user says and I would agree. My 2 cents, it's gonna be a great week and great year end! The push starts now!

Top Bottom