Just in From Axis

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
so most of you know by now that if I don't like a company i'll say so... and if I do? i'll also say so...

first off, this case was a pain in the ass on all fronts, the first case I've sent to Axis..
regardless of whether or not I would of liked to of had more time with the PMMA than I did, or whether the lack of tissue (in my opinion) leaves the restoration lacking... Axis reproduced exactly what was sent, and I have a Happy Dr.

to make things much more difficult, the PMMA needed to be shipped out immediately.
also, the implants were Ankylos balance base narrow, and temp copings had to be prepped and scanned in as a tooth prep.... kudos to DENTSPLY for producing such a pain in the ass system..
the lower was Osteoready multi-base.. which is supposedly a knockoff of a nobel multi... but not really... customer support has absolutely no frigging clue (about anything really.. I think my IQ dropped the second they answered the phone)

Tyler took a lot of time to make them fit right.. and they did.. the lower (I think) fractured 2 or 3 times and Tyler planned on working over the weekend to get it done... not sure if he worked overtime but they got it out on time.

Also rare these days, I was able to get ahold of Tyler anytime, and the owner Matt called me several times with problems or issues we were having on this case (the fact that the abutments were scanned as tooth preps means a lot of extra work) sorry Tyler

also, I like the zirconia.. shade was also dead on.
a little interproximal/ gingival/ occlusal stain, incisal I2, FLO, and one glaze fire, (everything seemed to finally go right after Axis)
ready to seat the abutments...

WP_20150518_004.jpg

sorry, I forgot to throw in the tissue

WP_20150518_002.jpg

WP_20150518_003.jpg

And another one back today
this case was also an Ankylos balance base pita case

also got a call from Matt about the abutment seating on this case.. they were being a little overcritical with it, but that means they care, and my seating time on this will be about 3 minutes... works for me :)
Axis was concerned about the occlusal plane being raised (again, going over Ti Temp copings prepped)
And, nope! Checked the occlusion before I left and it's nuts on... I will have an hour total in this lower before it's in the delivery box...

again, I would have liked more time before it went out to Axis

WP_20150519_001.jpg

SO with all that said, I have another case to box up and send out to Axis.
It's a pleasure working with them, and I appreciate the education they have given me. (i'm sure their IQ's drop when they answer the phone and it's me)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive gotta give props to tyler for banging some ti abutments out for me super fast on a case I was way behind on.

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Ive gotta give props to tyler for banging some ti abutments out for me super fast on a case I was way behind on.

Man I'm glad I could help you out!

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Andy, they have been some tough cases but I am glad we could accomplish what you are wanting.

We try to give everyone the best that we can do, being overcritical can be a good thing. Happy to see everything going great.

Although we are burdened by a meticulous nature :D

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah the abutments were great, My designs were really sloppy, but I was able to fine tune them and it should work fine. Will try to post some pics.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Tyler, they were difficult cases.. no argument there! Shipping one tomorrow that'll be easy :)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I didnt get any pics of that bridge, but doc texted me and said it was a slam dunk and looked awesome

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
That is awesome to here man, glad we could help you out!

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Another one back today... Axis did another awesome job

1 ankylos non engaging, and Nobel multi's on the rest.. (inactive #9)

WP_20150603_001.jpg

WP_20150603_003.jpg

WP_20150603_004.jpg

make a little jig to hold it (GC) while you tap in occlusion... use it in place to do the final bonding, no final adjusting after glazing required :)

Top Bottom