Just hit my desktop! Finally, are the rumours true?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
wow....unreal.....

awesome scam tho

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Terry, well played my friend, although I admit mate you had me going for half a thread!!!

L

Laurence Grice-Roberts

Reaction score
Hi all,

wow, Terry's joke has caused quite a stir... I guess since Terry is in Australia, and in much of the rest of the world it is still March 31st, some did not recognize this as an April fool's joke. We were puzzled ourselves at first, when we heard about this thread.

Regarding a possible takeover of exocad - let's say this loud and clear:
There is nothing in the works, and never has been - neither with Sirona, nor with anybody else! These rumors pop up occasionally; I don't know why.
We at exocad greatly enjoy being independent, and there is certainly no need for us to raise additional capital. I'm sure that those of you who know the founders of exocad personally have immediately realized that this 'news' must be untrue.

exocad is owned by former Fraunhofer employees (including myself) and Fraunhofer society, a German research organization. As we are a GmbH (German Ltd company),the information about our shareholders is public, so there is total transparency: Anybody who's interested and willing to spend 1.50 Euro for the download can find out who owns what percentage of exocad, through the Common register portal of the German federal states at handelsregister.de.

There are no changes planned regarding our customer-friendly policy of update contracts either. Of course, we will continue to invest heavily in research and development. Even though I am certain that our CAD is better than our competitor's, there is still much that can be improved (and will be!).

We did get a good laugh from the 'Digital Examiner' fake scan :)

All the best,
Tillmann Steinbrecher
CEO and co-founder of exocad

You have to know Terry to understand what a wit he is This is just the best April Fools joke Dentistry has ever known. Bravo the Bedrocker :)

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Does that mean Ann Margaret is not coming?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
As always Australia ahead of the rest of the world.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
We should all kick Terry's A$$.... at the very least good old fashioned noogies.....;)

doug

doug

Reaction score
So is Exocad going to help out a poor little Straumann scanner guy with some software? Really!

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I reckon the guys from shenzhen are already trying to work out how to unlock the new software bridges so they can open it for free .maybe they can ask terry to go over there to lecture on how to use the software.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Officially yes it was an April fools day joke.... so..
" APRIL FOOL ":p

I hope everyone got a bit of a laugh at it, absolutely no pain or anguish was intended to anyone or damage to any company was intended so I hope everyone is ok with that. It was... a prank. There are certain things you must be able to get away with on April 1st.

I must also pay my compliments to the actual masterminds behind it all..they know who they are and they may come out from their hiding if they choose to..if not yep it's all my fault.:)

exocad is a great program that we use everyday here in the lab in Australia, I know the CEO Tillman reasonably well, as matter of fact we had a great night out in Sydney town with both of our lovely wives while he was visiting Australia 2 weeks ago so he is probably still suffering jet lag...sorry mate!

I would like to officially like to thank Tillmann and exocad and for their generous support of the CAD CAM Centre for Education in Sydney.

Sirona is a great company too, as a matter of fact we have just this week started to accept scans from any of their scanners worldwide via Cerec Connect so have a look into that as well people...possibly an untapped market for some.

Thanks to Dental lab network for letting me be naughty.

For those of you who thought it was a bit early.... not really, Australia is one of the countries that sees the new day first so in reality in my time at least it was ok...I can't help it if you guys are back in time LOL.

Greeting's & Happy April Fools Day to everyone from Sydney Australia, and don't forget if you are ever visiting "Down Under" let us know!

AND... I know someone will get me back.... so ya gotta be able to take it too.....but I do deserve a winners medal, I'm sure.

ps If you are in Singapore this coming weekend at IDEM please stop by and say hello. I am speaking on Sunday at the Dental Technician's Forum.

pps "The Bedrockers" next Gig Sat 12th April Coogee Legions Club, 8pm...right on the beach. Come if you can!

ppps Happy Birthday Joseph Albeury, publisher and web media king, you are a great guy. ( Fancy being born on April Fools Day ? )

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I am moving my business, One little piece at a time into new facility.

Honestly, I and many employees almost had a heart attack!

Took me 30 minutes to figure this out.

GREAT JOB Terry!!

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Greatest thread this year.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
I am moving my business, One little piece at a time into new facility.

Honestly, I and many employees almost had a heart attack!

Took me 30 minutes to figure this out.

GREAT JOB Terry!!

30 minutes... Far out for you that is an eternity mate!

Hope the move goes well..it's a TON of work Im sure!

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
I wonder where my co -conspirators are... it's ok anonymity is fine sometimes but they do need credit.

Top Bottom