Just hit my desktop! Finally, are the rumours true?

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
PRESS RELEASE
March 27, 2014, 2:05 p.m. ET
BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 27, 2014--

Sirona Dentals Systems Inc. has announced that it has purchased a majority stake in Exocad GmbH.
Partnering with Exocad allows Cerec to become the premier chairside milling solution worldwide.
Exocad to be rebranded with Cerec's quality name.

Jeffrey T. Slovin Sirona President and CEO says that, "The rapid transition towards yearly license fees for current Exocad users will bolster the revenues needed for further advancement of Cerec chairside milling units."
"Bringing Exocad users under the umbrella of Cerec will advance Exocad's technology platform into the modern age of dentistry."

Tillmann Steinbrecher CEO of Exocad GmbH agrees, "Sirona is the world's leading digital dental technology company and will provide current Exocad users and partners continued support through the rebranded platform. The partnership with Cerec and the yearly license fees generated from current Exocad users will support much needed funding and we are looking forward to our future commitments."

Equally important is our commitment in the field of innovation. In the future, digital networking will play a fundamental role in dental practices, clinics and laboratories – influencing everything from treatment to patient management. That’s why we place great emphasis on the research and development of digital, network-capable dental technology. It is just one more way in which we are helping to build a stronger dental community prepared for all future challenges.

Individuality is also a vital part of our company philosophy. Different markets have different needs, which is why our products are manufactured with features and functions tailor-made to suit their requirements. In offering dental practices, clinics and laboratories a wide spectrum of individual solutions, we not only make work more effective but boost earnings as well. Consulting is another essential component of this service and we work closely with dental dealers throughout the world, providing extensive support in marketing and sales promotions.

To sum it all up – Sirona means solutions for dental practices, clinics and laboratories. It is all part of our goal of constantly striving to find new ways of making the best much better and providing customers with the ultimate in dental products and services.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Glad I made the switch to 3shape. I had heard they were developing a chair side solution awhile back. I can't believe Sirona has a piece of them now...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

B

brgo

Reaction score
Wow what a surprise. I wonder how much it is going to cost to convert my MCXL into a Exocad MCXL?

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
Whoa! What just happened? Any links to this news? I wonder what changes may take place? Exocad will be Cerec, and maybe mandatory yearly fees like 3shape?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
So i maybe they implement the generic tooth reconstruction and thats the way the big boys play

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
PRESS RELEASE
March 27, 2014, 2:05 p.m. ET
BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 27, 2014--

Sirona Dentals Systems Inc. has announced that it has purchased a majority stake in Exocad GmbH.
Partnering with Exocad allows Cerec to become the premier chairside milling solution worldwide.
Exocad to be rebranded with Cerec's quality name.

Jeffrey T. Slovin Sirona President and CEO says that, "The rapid transition towards yearly license fees for current Exocad users will bolster the revenues needed for further advancement of Cerec chairside milling units."
"Bringing Exocad users under the umbrella of Cerec will advance Exocad's technology platform into the modern age of dentistry."

Tillmann Steinbrecher CEO of Exocad GmbH agrees, "Sirona is the world's leading digital dental technology company and will provide current Exocad users and partners continued support through the rebranded platform. The partnership with Cerec and the yearly license fees generated from current Exocad users will support much needed funding and we are looking forward to our future commitments."

Equally important is our commitment in the field of innovation. In the future, digital networking will play a fundamental role in dental practices, clinics and laboratories – influencing everything from treatment to patient management. That’s why we place great emphasis on the research and development of digital, network-capable dental technology. It is just one more way in which we are helping to build a stronger dental community prepared for all future challenges.

Individuality is also a vital part of our company philosophy. Different markets have different needs, which is why our products are manufactured with features and functions tailor-made to suit their requirements. In offering dental practices, clinics and laboratories a wide spectrum of individual solutions, we not only make work more effective but boost earnings as well. Consulting is another essential component of this service and we work closely with dental dealers throughout the world, providing extensive support in marketing and sales promotions.

To sum it all up – Sirona means solutions for dental practices, clinics and laboratories. It is all part of our goal of constantly striving to find new ways of making the best much better and providing customers with the ultimate in dental products and services.

Heading from the gym I looked east, I thought I saw a mushroom cloud on the horizon. Must be Scott!! He didn't take the news very well!!

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
This is terrible!! I'm very upset. One of the very few "open" systems on the market goes down... :mad::android::banghead:

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Will current exo licenses work indefinitely w/o paying as long as we don't want upgrades? If so, maybe anyone who wants it should buy if before the change fully takes place.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
It sounds to me as though all Exocad users will be paying an annual fee. When reading Terry's post, it sounds like the lab fees will be used to further advance the chair side solution.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Is this an April fools joke?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I had heard something was in the works.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Its a Joke for anyone not wanting new Updates with Exocad,,,, It needs a lot of improvements !!
Other Exocad users may think differently, that's the way I see it as an Exocad user..

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
my spleen hurts now. Glad I have 3shape. I would become suicidal if I had to give money to sirona or Patterson. It was a nightmare during the three years I worked on the craplab inlab. Constant rules, and limitations, costly upgrades, and the "upgrade or it isn't going to work or be supported." Bleh

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I heard rumors of this 5 or 6 weeks ago.

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
Just checked BUSINESS WIRE web and I can't find any posts about this, so looks like it just a joke

L

lb01

Reaction score
Gentlemen (and posers...),let me assure you that Sirona has no such agreement with exocad. Terry, I'd
love to hear where you got that "news", since it's totally and completely untrue (check Sirona's website).
If you know anything about exocad - we are the only true 100% Dental CAD vendor (as opposed to scanner
vendor),are quite profitable, and plan to stay that way. BTW, I'm the president of exocad NA.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I got an email about this early today from Germany. :(

Terry is right. I have no idea what will change, and when?

Impossible to take away what we already have.

Still, no yearly fees for the current versions.

Scotty

Top Bottom