Just can't glaze the TD dental zirconium

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
I am not able to finish any cases from the Zir blocks that I just baught from TD dental. I have been using ZZ water based colors pre sintering and for post sintering finish up, I have tried emax stain/glaze kit and the ICE stain glaze kit from ZZ itself but it just comes out poor matte finish, with no glaze, looks poor and very frustrating.
Some friends who tried sintering and glazing these zr crowns said that they were not able to glaze it either.

I have 20 milked crowns in green state and I am stuck what to do , should I just buy different brand zirc and remill new zr crowns.

Can some body pl help

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Are you new to zr? This and all others absorb heat slowly so your emax rates and high temps are insufficient. More heat slower rates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Are you new to zr? This and all others absorb heat slowly so your emax rates and high temps are insufficient. More heat slower rates.

I use the ivoclar vivadent's furnace programat s1 for sintering (P8: 8hr cycle with 1400 degrees holding temperature)and the programat CS for glazing (P4: 12 min cycle 800 degrees)

Yes I am new to zirconium. I have done a lot of emax.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Up your temps and make sure you have sufficiently mixed the glaze to proper consistency. The zr remains unchanged, it is truly an "overglaze".

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Up your temps and make sure you have sufficiently mixed the glaze to proper consistency. The zr remains unchanged, it is truly an "overglaze".

Thank a for your reply.

Could u pl make it clear....
Up the temp for sintering, glazing of both and to what temp.

What glaze do u use and to what temp, if u don't mind sharing.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Just refering to your glaze. We do not use ceram glaze on our fcz but I know the temp would be at least 10 maybe as mch as 30 higher than glaze temp for over lithium disilicate. Also lower the rate of climb 10 per min as well. We use vita. It takes a while to dial in all of these materials to meet your expectations.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Try increasing your high-temp hold to 1:30-2:00 mins.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
I do 2 glaze cycles using a p300 or p700. I use the ZirCAD ceram glaze cycle using stain with glaze to correct shade after pre sinter staining. Comes out a little matt,, but good shade. I do a second glaze to seal the stain and it comes out lovely.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Make an customized program for you sintering . If I am not mistaken , TD needs 1450 degrees celcius for sintering . I am doing a stains bake with e.max stains , and then a glaze bake with luster paste from GC . Comes out beautiful and looking natural .

S

SamanthaADS

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of Zahn dental for many reasons, but we've been using their Hilla glaze on our FCZ, emax, Layered Zirconia and PFMs. One bake, can throw everything in the oven together (except the PFM, of course). Has been working very well for us.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I use the ivoclar vivadent's furnace programat s1 for sintering (P8: 8hr cycle with 1400 degrees holding temperature)and the programat CS for glazing (P4: 12 min cycle 800 degrees)

Yes I am new to zirconium. I have done a lot of emax.
1400 may be a little low, but has nothing to do in glazing zirconia, it's the stains and Glaze paste that glazes..
Since your new to zirconia, hand polish your fcz using several sintering temps to see which high temp gives you the best results.
If using emax stains and emax Fluo glaze paste, FCZ will glaze at the same temp as your monolithic emax, 775 C and fire slow at 45 C rate of climb..
Your problem is your poor technique of using glaze paste. I have used Zirkonzahn Glaze Plus several years ago and I think I fired around 900C

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I am not able to finish any cases from the Zir blocks that I just baught from TD dental. I have been using ZZ water based colors pre sintering and for post sintering finish up, I have tried emax stain/glaze kit and the ICE stain glaze kit from ZZ itself but it just comes out poor matte finish, with no glaze, looks poor and very frustrating.
Some friends who tried sintering and glazing these zr crowns said that they were not able to glaze it either.

I have 20 milked crowns in green state and I am stuck what to do , should I just buy different brand zirc and remill new zr crowns.

Can some body pl help

If your having problems you can contact us directly. I sell zirconia to over 100 labs and I haven't had anyone call with this problem.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
1400 may be a little low, but has nothing to do in glazing zirconia, it's the stains and Glaze paste that glazes..
Since your new to zirconia, hand polish your fcz using several sintering temps to see which high temp gives you the best results.
If using emax stains and emax Fluo glaze paste, FCZ will glaze at the same temp as your monolithic emax, 775 C and fire slow at 45 C rate of climb..
Your problem is your poor technique of using glaze paste. I have used Zirkonzahn Glaze Plus several years ago and I think I fired around 900C

I think so too, I think I need to improve my glazing technique of zirconium.

Is there some lecture on
zirconium 101.... I will like to understand zirconium in depth.

Any utube videos, instructions

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Thanks to all you guys who gave him some info/tips on getting it correct.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
This forum is zirconium 101, what more do you need?

Top Bottom