Ivoclar p5000 crack detection

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
..not working. I just had two rings out of 4 split..go figure ..anyways , My crack detection didnt work on either one of them. Thoughts if you have had this problem with this furnace

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
..not working. I just had two rings out of 4 split..go figure ..anyways , My crack detection didnt work on either one of them. Thoughts if you have had this problem with this furnace
When did you last calibrate, 1st question Ivoclar will ask ... sucks but just saying. You will figure it out, not to worry but you'll likey need to purchase a callibration set, can't remember if its a 2 pak or 3 pak. Not cheap but best for peace of mind...priceless.

doug

doug

Reaction score
It's a 5 pak and last time I got it, it was about $250. We have calibrated our furnace every time it indicates the number of presses has been reached.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
It's a 5 pak and last time I got it, it was about $250. We have calibrated our furnace every time it indicates the number of presses has been reached.
Do you find out is out of calibration by a lot, little?
My EP5000 and CS1 ovens stay pretty close so I stretch the time between calibrations.

doug

doug

Reaction score
It's pretty lose, but even a few degrees can make a difference. With my porcelain furnaces I can see a difference in the firing and calibrate. A mis-press is expensive.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score

Did the Crack Detection not go off at all, or did it go off, but the rings were still split?

Did anything change with your investment (new powder or liquid) right before this happened?

And, I wouldn't even think about calibration being a factor here (unless the oven was way overfiring, and then you would see excessive reaction layer in your other pressings).

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Did the Crack Detection not go off at all, or did it go off, but the rings were still split?

Did anything change with your investment (new powder or liquid) right before this happened?

And, I wouldn't even think about calibration being a factor here (unless the oven was way overfiring, and then you would see excessive reaction layer in your other pressings).

Also, was this an Ivoclar program or an individual program? If I'm not mistaken I don't think crack detection is available in the individual programs. Crack Detection is dependent on the known stop speeds for the Ivoclar materials and those are unknown for other materials.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Crack detection works on any program we have programmed into our EP5000. It works with other pressing materials as well.

Edit for clarity

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Crack detection works on any program we have programmed into our EP5000

Good to know! Been a while since I've programmed in an individual press program and was told this before in training (although that was 7 years ago).

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Also, was this an Ivoclar program or an individual program? If I'm not mistaken I don't think crack detection is available in the individual programs. Crack Detection is dependent on the known stop speeds for the Ivoclar materials and those are unknown for other materials.
Thats the thing. Crack detection never went off. I have since pressed those two rings over with good results. Investment remained the same. I invested the four at the same time Two at a time .Whether or not the two that cracked were part of the same investment mix I can not say.

Top Bottom