Ivoclar Natural die material

S

stanleyn

Reaction score
Is anybody using something less expensive than Ivoclar's Natural Die Material? Besides colored spacer and fujirock die ston. I don't like to put colored spacer on my margin, colored die stone have little choice of colors. Thanks guys:)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Not much choice other than what you mentioned, at least that I'm aware of.

The colored die spacers for me are the quickest and cheapest option. What I do is to use a die hardener around the margin to help prevent die chipping, fit the emax (LiSi, trans zi etc) check occlusion etc all the way up to glazing, then I put the colored spacer on. I apply it just slightly shy of the margin edge, as that will help enough in getting that ging 1/3 color for final shading. I then let my account know that everything was confirmed (margins and fit) before I put the spacer on so they don't need to worry about margin integrity if I happened to get spacer right on the margin.

If you want, just use the colored spacer on your solid cast for checking contacts or with a 2nd die pour up. I'm just starting to do printed models, so I'm not sure how the colored spacers work on that type of "plastic".

user name

user name

Reaction score
Natural Die isn't that expensive if you look at it long term. I use mine pretty regularly and Ive had it for probably 12-15 years. Just keep it in the fridge.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I only use it for discolored tooth abutments. If your prepped tooth shade is in the desired shade range, there is no reason to use it.

Edit: Grayish prepped shades kill the value, no matter what... Unless you go opaque...

S

stanleyn

Reaction score
Not much choice other than what you mentioned, at least that I'm aware of.

The colored die spacers for me are the quickest and cheapest option. What I do is to use a die hardener around the margin to help prevent die chipping, fit the emax (LiSi, trans zi etc) check occlusion etc all the way up to glazing, then I put the colored spacer on. I apply it just slightly shy of the margin edge, as that will help enough in getting that ging 1/3 color for final shading. I then let my account know that everything was confirmed (margins and fit) before I put the spacer on so they don't need to worry about margin integrity if I happened to get spacer right on the margin.

If you want, just use the colored spacer on your solid cast for checking contacts or with a 2nd die pour up. I'm just starting to do printed models, so I'm not sure how the colored spacers work on that type of "plastic".
Thanks for answering.
I wonder if I could steam out the colored spacer? I do use die hardener (low viscosity super glue).

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for answering.
I wonder if I could steam out the colored spacer? I do use die hardener (low viscosity super glue).

You're welcome :)

Good point. If you're using it (super glue) over the whole prep of the die, it can steam some of it off in little sheets, the rest you can use alcohol and a tissue to rub the rest off, at least with Taubs or Harvest dental, which I like better. If your using a lighter die stone like Fuji ivory, it can leave it with a bit of stained look.

Last edited:
S

stanleyn

Reaction score
You're welcome :)

Good point. If you're using it (super glue) over the whole prep of the die, it can steam some of it off in little sheets, the rest you can use alcohol and a tissue to rub the rest off, at least with Taubs or Harvest dental, which I like better. If your using a lighter die stone like Fuji ivory, it can leave it with a bit of stained look.
Thanks, I still have plenty of Natural Die Material. I just picked up some more on EBay. Unopened kit for $300 :)
There is another product called Cer-A-Fix color Stump Putty. 800.339.8321 You put it in the crown and fire on it, so if you need to check color you would have to do it again and again. It's colored refractory pegs. I don't use refractory pegs, so I don't really have use for it. I guess I have keep looking.
On a different subject, do you know good removable spacer? I use Mr.Masking sol, they changed it and now it stick to my wax.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
About 10-15 years ago, there used to be a removable spacer that I tried, but I can't remember what it was. I think it was pink in color but I wasn't a fan of it. Hopefully someone else here may have some ideas for you?

By the way, stanleyn, some nice tips and insights on the creation build up thread :)

Last edited:
CreativeTech

CreativeTech

Reaction score
About 10-15 years ago, there used to be a removable spacer that I tried, but I can't remember what it was. I think it was pink in color but I wasn't a fan of it. Hopefully someone else here may have some ideas for you?

Rubber-Sep. It's also available in white, which is what I use.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Yep, thanks, that's what it is.
Another that I've used id PerfectMatch, water soluable, steams off and you can intermux colors. I use wondergel for final assessment and shading.
530b9aaa43a1e53c6b161bee9fc832cb.jpg

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Another that I've used id PerfectMatch, water soluable, steams off and you can intermux colors. I use wondergel for final assessment and shading.
530b9aaa43a1e53c6b161bee9fc832cb.jpg

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I think that's what CRob uses, too. I like the water soluble part, it makes it easy to thin it out when needed :)

Like you, I also use a gel for final shade confirmation.