Ivoclar Ivobase Investing

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I also never saw the bite material posted.

N

nickate

Reaction score
K.I.S.S.
NEVER use wax solvents OR DETERGENTS in your boilout procedure. Why spend money to add complication to your procedure? BLEACH IS BAD for acrylic. Do you think laundry soap has bleach? What else does it have that gets soaked up by the stone during boilout when the water is evaporating from your flask halves and leeches out during your curing cycle. FRESH CLEAN WATER in your boilout. That's IT! . I do not want to complicate or add costs. $5 in stone to invest a case???? The cost of IVOCAP ACRYLICS??? How do you guys afford to stay in business? PLEASE SHARE!!!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
K.I.S.S.
NEVER use wax solvents OR DETERGENTS in your boilout procedure. Why spend money to add complication to your procedure? BLEACH IS BAD for acrylic. Do you think laundry soap has bleach? What else does it have that gets soaked up by the stone during boilout when the water is evaporating from your flask halves and leeches out during your curing cycle. FRESH CLEAN WATER in your boilout. That's IT! . I do not want to complicate or add costs. $5 in stone to invest a case???? The cost of IVOCAP ACRYLICS??? How do you guys afford to stay in business? PLEASE SHARE!!!
Well, what do you charge for your dentures?
50 for ivoclar blue line teeth, 7 for a acrylic, 5 investing, 20 various consumables. 87 to make a denture. 200-300/per denture.
You can charge 25-75 more for an ivocap/base denture stating it is superior in density and give the benefits. If they say no tell them then you can offer your economy, use cheap teeth, cheap acrylic, and don't festoon as much, process traditionally.

Inn0xx

Inn0xx

Reaction score
Hi Gman,

Where I always found that stone would stick to the acrylic (no matter the processing method) was if during boil out I let the wax liquefy before opening the flask. When this happens the wax soaks into the stone and then no amount of separator will work. I worked out in my equipment how long to "boil-out" the flask to just soften the wax enough to be able to open the flask and then peel out the majority of the wax, then I would flush the mold with boiling water to remove any remaining wax.

Also, I know you said you are using Type III stone for flasking, just make sure it is not a resin reinforced stone. We have found that the resin in the stone will heat up enough to bond with the acrylic on the denture.

I hope this helps! Let me know.

Worked like charm!!!!! Thank you. Conventional Flasks 4:45minutes in boiling water. It's soft enough to separate . Haven't had no problems with stone sticking to acrylic any longer! After boil out i make sure the flasks are not steaming any longer and then I paint them 3 times (light coats) and they come out excellent!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Worked like charm!!!!! Thank you. Conventional Flasks 4:45minutes in boiling water. It's soft enough to separate . Haven't had no problems with stone sticking to acrylic any longer! After boil out i make sure the flasks are not steaming any longer and then I paint them 3 times (light coats) and they come out excellent!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad this helped!

J

jkelm91

Reaction score
I use flexi stone as well. Also, you can use Justi wax solvent and scrub down after opening during boilout, i find that applying a thick coat of separator, THREE times, with drying in between keeps the stone from sticking.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I would just get an electric kettle, its like 30 bucks at Walmart. Fill it with clean water and let it get screaming hot. Rinse after boil out thoroughly. It should remove any residual wax.

I work at a dentist office, so they have the ends of PVS material I use it to run along the necks of the teeth and interdental papilla, There is very little polishing issue there now.

M

Makes Dentures

Reaction score
wax solvent ...and teeth popping off.

S

Sheldon Lerner

Reaction score
Hi
Perhaps a bit off topic, but why do people use wax boil outs vs the anaxadent process? Is it cost, time?

Just trying to learn the process from an insider's view.
Thanks
Sheldon Lerner

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Hi
Perhaps a bit off topic, but why do people use wax boil outs vs the anaxadent process? Is it cost, time?

Thanks
Sheldon Lerner

I've done both and ivobase is by far superior. Almost no residual monomer and very dense. To give a credit to Anaxdent, I did receive an Anaxdent case back to add another saddle and I was impressed. It may have been a year and it looked as good as new.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks
Sheldon Lerner
... anaxadent ... o_O to the google machine batman!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
That looks like a very involved process, boiling out seems way cheaper/faster/less technique sensitive and as effective.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks
Sheldon Lerner
cost:
polyvinyl putty cannot match gypsum in a flask.
plus anaxdent flasks and verticulator are pricey.
most lab couldn't afford more than one. that's ok for a boutique small operation,
but i don't know how easily it translates to volume.

material density.
heat cured resin has better material properties.

thats the nutshell.