Ivoclar FPF-function (Fully automatic Press Function)

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
@Patrick Coon can you tell me what is significantly different about the 3000 vs 3010 and 5000 vs 5010 as far as the operating system? MP3 player is great and all but that doesnt count for much and it was my understanding that just the display was different....the boards were the same.
My understanding from the development team is there are different components on the motherboard. As far as operating systems, think of it as Mac and Windows. The furnace is a PC that runs a PC OS (and they are very familiar OS's). It then runs a program that is the interface to the furnace, that is what you see on the screen, not the actual OS.

These are licensed for each generation of furnace. So when we move to a new generation the OS is updated to a more current version (think Win2k, Win 7, Win 8 , etc). These may not be compatible with the processor in an older generation furnace (just as not all Android or IOS versions are compatible with older processors in phones and tablets) or the licensing will not allow for upgrades of the OS.

I hope this helps. I am sorry I took it more personnaly yesterday than was meant. I know the company, and the strides we go through to do the most we can for our customers (both lab and clinical). When people hop on the bash IV bandwagon, it is hard to seperate from it sometimes (especially when I believe in it as I do).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
can you send me the program? can we put it in an individual program?
Sorry no. Unfortunately it is not just different temps and times. It actually has to do with the press drive as well. It engages the drive very early in the program and uses those sensors to determine the moment the ingot is the correct consistency for pressing. That is why the temps vary so much with it: it raise the temp very quickly to a much higher temp, and then starts dropping when the ingot begins to soften.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I wasn't questioning your integrity Patrick, I was referring to Ivoclars lack of support for other furnaces.
Sorry, CRob. See my explanation and apology in my response to SideSh0wB0b.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
well dang, still sucks! i would like faster pressing times with little to no reaction layer too!

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
well dang, still sucks! i would like faster pressing times with little to no reaction layer too!
I agree. As soon as I found out about it, I asked the questions.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
My understanding from the development team is there are different components on the motherboard. As far as operating systems, think of it as Mac and Windows. The furnace is a PC that runs a PC OS (and they are very familiar OS's). It then runs a program that is the interface to the furnace, that is what you see on the screen, not the actual OS.

These are licensed for each generation of furnace. So when we move to a new generation the OS is updated to a more current version (think Win2k, Win 7, Win 8 , etc). These may not be compatible with the processor in an older generation furnace (just as not all Android or IOS versions are compatible with older processors in phones and tablets) or the licensing will not allow for upgrades of the OS.

I hope this helps. I am sorry I took it more personnaly yesterday than was meant. I know the company, and the strides we go through to do the most we can for our customers (both lab and clinical). When people hop on the bash IV bandwagon, it is hard to seperate from it sometimes (especially when I believe in it as I do).

Thanks Patrick, for making the explanation so understandable using examples we could relate to.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
That is my goal on here. I really do enjoy the back and forth. And the razzing! Was just a little tired and hungry yesterday. Someone should have given me a Snickers.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Don't let those cobblers get to you Patrick.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
love that video! Also one out there with someone doing it with a wall mounted aluminum can smasher.
I had to try it. It took me a few tries to perfect the crazy Russian laugh, but I got it eventually.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Sorry no. Unfortunately it is not just different temps and times. It actually has to do with the press drive as well. It engages the drive very early in the program and uses those sensors to determine the moment the ingot is the correct consistency for pressing. That is why the temps vary so much with it: it raise the temp very quickly to a much higher temp, and then starts dropping when the ingot begins to soften.

Patrick, If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then I think Heir Zubler must be blushing right now. Looks like Ivoclar recognizes the advantages our ADVANCED PRESS feature delivers and is trying to duplicate it by finding a way to get around the patent.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
And in this corner weighing in at a... .....

@Travis, you should make this a pay-per-view event.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I'm a callin' you out.....

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Sorry guys, not gonna bite. I am here to inform and help, not get pulled into a debate about patents or what material is better. I am sure people well above me get paid for that.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, not gonna bite. I am here to inform and help, not get pulled into a debate about patents or what material is better. I am sure people well above me get paid for that.

Sheesh Patrick, we were counting on you.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
As long as the end user benefits from this new technology, who cares. It is not up to us to decide patent rights.
Other companies are also marketing a knockoff LD as well, and nobody is fussing about it.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score

Fair Enough Patrick, it was a cheap shot. I couldn't help myself. Looks like we could have had a pretty big crowd though. Wouldn't mind seeing Kurt and and the Guys in Lichtenstein go at though. Who wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall for that one.

Top Bottom