Ivoclar Digital Programill PM7 ?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
good luck harmonylab thats the problem with digital its great but when its down oh 5hit you really need 2 machines these days its hard for single man labs.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
we have a PM7. we love ivoclar and mostly use their stuff exclusively, but our experience with this particular mill has been less than stellar.

we got it sometime in October or so. it had all kinds of different problems, and eventually the machine completely broke down. they sent a guy, who worked on it. it worked for a few jobs, before the machine broke down again. problems with b axis and tool changer. another tech came, stated that it broke because of a loose part, didn't have the parts to fix it, did what he could and left. it wasn't working, so they sent another machine a few weeks later. the replacement machine was pretty much dead on arrival. got a calibration disk out before going belly up. it's been a week, and it's still down, and we have no idea when we will have a working machine.

when the machine was working, it was very good. our dentist absolutely loves the digital dentures from it.

edit: current one's irreparable I'm told. we're getting sent another one soon. it's been frustrating but thankfully ivoclar's support is always top notch.
Bummer, Sorry about that man. I hope Ivoclar makes it right.

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
After 2 times of never being repaired i would go back with the contract. :mad:

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Bummer, Sorry about that man. I hope Ivoclar makes it right.

they always do. ivoclar's always gone above and beyond for us. there's no worries on that front.

good luck harmonylab thats the problem with digital its great but when its down oh 5hit you really need 2 machines these days its hard for single man labs.

thanks. and yep. big reason why we have multiple mills now.

After 2 times of never being repaired i would go back with the contract. :mad:

it wouldn't make sense to send out new machines if it could be easily fixed. this is just some bad luck.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I have been looking at the PM7 for over a year. It is a bit too robust for our lab. I am waiting to see the PM5 that is "supposed" to be out this summer. Lee Culp and Matt Roberts both put on seminars I attended(through Ivoclar) at Chicago this year and they both swear by this mill. Culp is going to buy a second PM7 to replace his three Zenotec Selects. Ivoclar's support has always been great so I feel pretty confident that when they put out a product, it is pretty good.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
they always do. ivoclar's always gone above and beyond for us. there's no worries on that front.

thanks. and yep. big reason why we have multiple mills now.

it wouldn't make sense to send out new machines if it could be easily fixed. this is just some bad luck.
Our experience with them has been good as well. We don't have a mill from them, but have been using their products for eons. They've always provided good service with our pressing and other furnaces.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i would seriously consider Zirkonzahn as they have been doing the big stuff a long time and they have been doing digital dentures longer than ivoclar.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Hi J Pierce,
I think your not blind. Ask your rep how many of this mill he has sold and he should give you a contact to one who has experince with his supermill ;):D
He has sold 5 and "says" labs are loving them..I need to call a few of these customers and get the real feedback.. might be a different story...

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
That sucks to spend that much money and get a piece of garbage.. Hopefully the new one is perfect.. Let us know how it goes..

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
update on our situation.

new machine arrived. no problems with this one. they sent their best tech, as promised. our rep was also here the whole time, and they spent 4 days making sure everything was completely installed and working properly. Not just the pm7, but our other mills as well. basically, everything's been fixed, updated, optimized and we were compensated with upgrades and functions and materials. quite a great learning experience as well. they really went all out to make things right.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
update on our situation.

new machine arrived. no problems with this one. they sent their best tech, as promised. our rep was also here the whole time, and they spent 4 days making sure everything was completely installed and working properly. Not just the pm7, but our other mills as well. basically, everything's been fixed, updated, optimized and we were compensated with upgrades and functions and materials. quite a great learning experience as well. they really went all out to make things right.
That’s awesome!! Glad it was resolved!!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
update on our situation.

Wow. Thanks for the update. That's finally getting it right the right way.

T

The Poona Dental lab

Reaction score
I put together this presentation on Servo vs Stepper motors that is part of a MUCH larger presentation I did at LMT a few years ago on CNC machine construction.

Hopefully, it will be helpful.

ServoVsStepper Motors
Hello from India

As per he discussion over here I really couldn't Find what I was looking for.
Can you help me in choosing between Arum 500 Vs Ivoclar Progamill PM3

Top Bottom