ivoclar D.sign and veneers

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
When it comes to veneering, it's all about the Dr.'s bonding technique, not so much the strength of the materials. For instance, using a rubber dam to bond, clean of all debris, not letting the teeth get dehydrated so the collagen don't become distorted. If the collagen become distorted due to lack of moisture, no bond will ever adhere to the tooth. Then you must consider the right bonding, Variolink is what I highly suggest. I seen a patient a few weeks ago that still had his veneers after 24 years (made using a refractory model like you did). However, most teeth age and the color of the prep will change in time (changing the shade of the veneer),but like i've always said. If you get a crown, bridge or veneer to last 15 years, that's the goal. Hope that helps.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
The only aspect of the refractory veneer and pjc that I'm at all worried about is strength.. are these gonna end up breaking in 6 months or a year? .. more likely than empress esthetic?
[/url]
Labguy is right about strength after their seated.
The dr and asst. handling them is different. You will have more break chairside because they are more fragle.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to Empress esthetic.. all I know is from start to finish the refractory method is really easy.. super cost effective and so far been successful. I have no idea strength differences between the 2 or how much time the empress method takes. I would be interested because I have nothing against changing methods.
IMO to not be left behind in a changing industry and to continue to grow you need to get into pressed ceramics. It opens you up to a whole new market in which venners are a small part of. It is a small investment and it is much easier, quicker and profitable to produce an all ceramic crn then a pfm and there is no comparison estheticly.
Pressing ceramics is almost the same as casting metal. Wax, invest, press a ceramic ingot into the mold, then devest. It does take some time to get used to and good at waxing 6 ant venners though.
Take a course on it.
Empress esthetic is just a product name, there are several other companys that sell ingots and systems. Esthestc is mainly used only for venners.

Last edited: