Ivoclar and 3shape parted ways...

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
1images.png would you look 10 years or more ???

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I was kinda hoping for more drama today people!

It's 3:45 and I'm bored again.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what-you-think-xaaeqb.jpg

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I know one of the managers there if you need his info I can PM you.

Thank you Ron, I appreciate it :)

I was given a name of someone to get a hold of there, from the lady who answered the phone when I called yesterday.
I'll see what he says when he calls back, and if needed, I'll hit you up for your friends name.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe they see a hard road ahead for 3shape, they were innovators and charged a hefty price to team up, but now everyone has the technology for themselves and dont need them. I see them on their way down.. unless they have some game changer coming..

Maybe it's more like Exocad is on the way up, and has some game changer coming...maybe at the Chicago meeting?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hey all! Sorry I've been quiet today. Had a university pros residency in today working with e.max, so I wasn't able to get on the forum. A lot of good puns that were puny!

Now to stew in some acid and get myself blasted!

We (most of the company and the Troy emplyees) just found out about this last week and waiting for the announcement before we could say anything.

Yes, as of 1 Feb, Ivoclar Troy (WPT) will transfer over to Core3Dcentres, along with all 3Shape support and dongle management. There may be some support personnel that stay behind for 3Shape, but all mill support (Wieland and Programill) will move to the headquarters in Amherst (Buffalo),N.Y. The Troy facility was originally bought with the purpose of being our Warranty Center for mill support, with the idea that could be augmented with milling services. Never really worked out that way and the decision was made to sell. In fact I've been told that the website and phone numbers will remain the same, and those who use it really won't notice much change. We've also worked out as part of the deal that it will still remain our Warranty Center for our mill owners. So when your mill goes down, Troy will still do your millings.

As for 3Shape, I'm not sure what prompted that. All current dongles managed by us will be transferred over to Core3Dcentres as of 1 Feb. I have not heard of it affecting any of our add-on software though (Digital Press Design or Digital Denture Professional). I know we are still planning on holding courses and training Digital Denture this year in our Sarasota ICDE (where I am). So for the near future I don't see us completely parting ways, just us no longer selling or supporting the scanners and software (other than our add-ons).

I hope this brings a little understanding about the changes. Let me know if you have questions, and I'll answer to the best of my ability or knowledge on the subject.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

G

grantoz

Reaction score
my mum told me if you cant something nice say nothing. nothing!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Sorry I've been quiet today. Had a university pros residency in today working with e.max, so I wasn't able to get on the forum. A lot of good puns that were puny!

Now to stew in some acid and get myself blasted!

We (most of the company and the Troy emplyees) just found out about this last week and waiting for the announcement before we could say anything.

Yes, as of 1 Feb, Ivoclar Troy (WPT) will transfer over to Core3Dcentres, along with all 3Shape support and dongle management. There may be some support personnel that stay behind for 3Shape, but all mill support (Wieland and Programill) will move to the headquarters in Amherst (Buffalo),N.Y. The Troy facility was originally bought with the purpose of being our Warranty Center for mill support, with the idea that could be augmented with milling services. Never really worked out that way and the decision was made to sell. In fact I've been told that the website and phone numbers will remain the same, and those who use it really won't notice much change. We've also worked out as part of the deal that it will still remain our Warranty Center for our mill owners. So when your mill goes down, Troy will still do your millings.

As for 3Shape, I'm not sure what prompted that. All current dongles managed by us will be transferred over to Core3Dcentres as of 1 Feb. I have not heard of it affecting any of our add-on software though (Digital Press Design or Digital Denture Professional). I know we are still planning on holding courses and training Digital Denture this year in our Sarasota ICDE (where I am). So for the near future I don't see us completely parting ways, just us no longer selling or supporting the scanners and software (other than our add-ons).

I hope this brings a little understanding about the changes. Let me know if you have questions, and I'll answer to the best of my ability or knowledge on the subject.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
A big thank you for adding a few dump trucks of clarity to the conjecture. We must sound like a sewing circle some times.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
A big thank you for adding a few dump trucks of clarity to the conjecture. We must sound like a sewing circle some times.
Good point.