Ivocap or 3D printing for Hard acrylic

V

Victor Deluca

Reaction score
Ivocap or 3D printing for hard acrylic.

looking to either buy a ivocap system or a 3D printer to do hard acrylic splints, what do you guys feel is a better route to go ?
i know i could probably get a used ivocap set up for cheaper then a printer set up but in the long run what would be better ?

thanks in advance for the input

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
We print our had splints on a Formlabs($3500.00) printer. Scan(5 minutes),design(10 minutes),print, post process(mostly hands off time),tap in bite(5 minutes) and polish done. Or you could wax, invest, boil out, inject, sit in water bath, cool, divest, contour the over waxed splint and tap bite in and polish. Less steps, less hands on time and faster turnaround. Just saw how much time it take to process the traditional way and have been wanting to print for several years. Then the materials finally come around so I am all about printing.

V

Victor Deluca

Reaction score
We print our had splints on a Formlabs($3500.00) printer. Scan(5 minutes),design(10 minutes),print, post process(mostly hands off time),tap in bite(5 minutes) and polish done. Or you could wax, invest, boil out, inject, sit in water bath, cool, divest, contour the over waxed splint and tap bite in and polish. Less steps, less hands on time and faster turnaround. Just saw how much time it take to process the traditional way and have been wanting to print for several years. Then the materials finally come around so I am all about printing.

Thank you for the info !

do you know if these splint resins are approved in the mouth in canada ?

also how do you like the formlab printer ? I've heard mixed reviews about them. is it hard to get consistent prints from them ?

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
Can not answer the approved question since I am in the US. We just got another(expensive) printer because our volume of printing has increased significantly. We can tell there is a more consistent accuracy with the new printer but the formlabs still serves a purpose for us and is still used daily.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I was wondering if you use your formlabs for regular C&B work? If so do you find it to be consistent and VERY accurate? Fit, margins, contacts, etc?