i've got you now Darwin!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
xoPnxyT.jpg

Darwin be like, no actually this is the Gfrectivum 2.65 made in 1998 for only 6 months by a guy named Guy Godurfut we bough all his old stock and have a compatible scan body and library at my site

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
But Jo Chen bought the rights.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
😂😂😂 Nice comparison. I would have to pass on that one. Not too familiar with all the wacky ones. Here is another Home Depot inspiration 817CB64F-4669-405A-A240-1E6A6B0D1203.png

D

Darwin Bagley CDT

Reaction score
Good lord!

I haven't a clue on these UFOs.

Darwin

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't think it was possible.😳

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I went to a radiology lecture once. The instructor was a pathologist and had many different types if images to share. He was making a point about 2d imaging vs. 3d and put up an x-ray of an implant that looked perfectly healthy and integrated. He got several of the docs in the lecture to comment on how nice it looked by friendly baiting them in. He then let us know that the image was of a corpse mandible and he took a few shots of the implant until he captured the perfect angle. The lesson I got was 2d can be deceptive so don't believe everything you see, dig deeper and verify what you believe you may he seeing.
I am suspicious of the image with the drywall looking screws. There is not a lot of clear anatomy. They may be in an image of a different part of the body and be legitimate surgical screws?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I went to a radiology lecture once. The instructor was a pathologist and had many different types if images to share. He was making a point about 2d imaging vs. 3d and put up an x-ray of an implant that looked perfectly healthy and integrated. He got several of the docs in the lecture to comment on how nice it looked by friendly baiting them in. He then let us know that the image was of a corpse mandible and he took a few shots of the implant until he captured the perfect angle. The lesson I got was 2d can be deceptive so don't believe everything you see, dig deeper and verify what you believe you may he seeing.
I am suspicious of the image with the drywall looking screws. There is not a lot of clear anatomy. They may be in an image of a different part of the body and be legitimate surgical screws?
I've read this story. The hook where they attendees bit the bait was taht the implant was in the cadaver's cheek.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
we know these are not "drywall" screws due to the shape of the screw head and the pitch of the threads. they may be wood screws which would have the more conical head and steep threading. now, why would we be seeing wood screws?

well, this is just an image i found on reddit with no context so everything's speculation; its possible this was a dummy whose max/mand had been screwed to the dummy using these screws, and the technician was practicing the xray. its possible this was a practice placement in a replica model.

its not super likely that there was a patient with wood screws holding his bridge in place, though that might be why they came to the dentist in the first place.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I didnt know Dr. Paperclipstuffer did implants!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
naw, it's definitely a drywall plug for a #8 screw hole . Pt probably has a dry socket.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
we know these are not "drywall" screws due to the shape of the screw head and the pitch of the threads. they may be wood screws which would have the more conical head and steep threading. now, why would we be seeing wood screws?

well, this is just an image i found on reddit with no context so everything's speculation; its possible this was a dummy whose max/mand had been screwed to the dummy using these screws, and the technician was practicing the xray. its possible this was a practice placement in a replica model.

its not super likely that there was a patient with wood screws holding his bridge in place, though that might be why they came to the dentist in the first place.
The conical shape is for drywall .It will leave a dimple that can be filled with compound. Wood screws come in a variety of shapes so it's possible but usually the threads are spaced farther from the head of the screw.Then again " what difference does it make.

D

Darwin Bagley CDT

Reaction score
They look like orthodontic implants. (TAD - temporary alignment device)

1599948793775.png

Darwin

xoPnxyT.jpg

Darwin be like, no actually this is the Gfrectivum 2.65 made in 1998 for only 6 months by a guy named Guy Godurfut we bough all his old stock and have a compatible scan body and library at my site
[/QUOTE]

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Whale oil beef hooked

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
😂😂😂 Nice comparison. I would have to pass on that one. Not too familiar with all the wacky ones. Here is another Home Depot inspiration View attachment 36744

That would most likely be a Sargon implant, brainchild of Winston Chee if I remember correctly.
LCM

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score