mike sways

Reaction score
can these clasps be heat processed once formed, eg a new heat cure denture,
what about breakage?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth to you, Tom Zaleske is heat processing them. Not to belittle him, just don't know if you know him.
Here's his youtube vid on them.

D

dan6392

Reaction score
The video with Tom Zaleske using the heat processing with the itsoclear clasp is great.

As far as breakage, you have to be careful with overheating the clasp while forming them. Over heating can cause the clasp to bubble and become frail. If overheated the bubbles can be seen clearly by the naked eye. To overheat you would have to literally sit the clasp over an open flame for 40 seconds so even that is hard to do BUT it can happen. Also if you try to thin out the clasp too much that can cause them to become frail as well. Thinning out the clasp isn’t necessarily a huge issue. Beside that it is very difficult to break these clasp.

It's online here: http://dental.keystoneindustries.com/product/itsoclear-clasps/

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The video with Tom Zaleske using the heat processing with the itsoclear clasp is great.

As far as breakage, you have to be careful with overheating the clasp while forming them. Over heating can cause the clasp to bubble and become frail. If overheated the bubbles can be seen clearly by the naked eye. To overheat you would have to literally sit the clasp over an open flame for 40 seconds so even that is hard to do BUT it can happen. Also if you try to thin out the clasp too much that can cause them to become frail as well. Thinning out the clasp isn’t necessarily a huge issue. Beside that it is very difficult to break these clasp.

It's online here: http://dental.keystoneindustries.com/product/itsoclear-clasps/
It doesn't take anywhere near as long as 40 secoonds. I've had them blister from 3 blasts of an alcohol torch. Just have to be delicate.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Just a thought- I've been using a variable temperature heat gun. (Bought it at my local hardware store). I played with the settings and get good results on flexible materials. No more bubbles or brittleness. I also use it to adjust our plastic articulators if bites are off.Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

J

jinya

Reaction score
I'm brand-new to these clasps. Is the undercut required similar to cast?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Edit: double post somehow. oops.

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm brand-new to these clasps. Is the undercut required similar to cast?
Yepper. They need undercuts to function, but you can actually engage deeper undercuts than with metal as they will flex during insertion/removal.
These are the same planning and mostly the same indication, just flex a wee bit and are nicer aesthetically. As long as the pt doea cleaning maintenance. Otherwise they get as nasty looking as the rest of the partial's other non-metal surfaces.

The Clasp-eze by Flexite are nice too and offer a pink and a few tooth shade options in addition. Trick with clasp-eze is they are preformed with a flat side to lay aganst the tooth, so the are 'sided' 6 of each side to a ~$40 card

They'll both send you a sample, below is links to keystone's (itsoclear) website for goodies and a few others. You'll have to call flexite for their info packet which has one each of clear and pink along with all their marketing slicks fpr ecerything else they do.

http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/freebies-and-samples.24332/

J

jinya

Reaction score
Yepper. They need undercuts to function, but you can actually engage deeper undercuts than with metal as they will flex during insertion/removal.
These are the same planning and mostly the same indication, just flex a wee bit and are nicer aesthetically. As long as the pt doea cleaning maintenance. Otherwise they get as nasty looking as the rest of the partial's other non-metal surfaces.

The Clasp-eze by Flexite are nice too and offer a pink and a few tooth shade options in addition. Trick with clasp-eze is they are preformed with a flat side to lay aganst the tooth, so the are 'sided' 6 of each side to a ~$40 card

They'll both send you a sample, below is links to keystone's (itsoclear) website for goodies and a few others. You'll have to call flexite for their info packet which has one each of clear and pink along with all their marketing slicks fpr ecerything else they do.

http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/freebies-and-samples.24332/
Sweet! Thank you!

R

Robert Cook Sr

Reaction score
For what it's worth to you, Tom Zaleske is heat processing them. Not to belittle him, just don't know if you know him.
Here's his youtube vid on them.

Great video thanks