ITerro/exo Margin Correct

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
When I get the margin gap between crown design and model, sometimes I’m able to correct by dragging green line down.
But when it’s red,can’t seem to drag it to correct. Went back and read old thread answers but can’t get things to play.
Any solutions for me? :bag: See pic. Also read the wiki on i this ando_O

E368414B-6756-4D9B-8797-1BBE5C02C495.jpeg

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
If you get the files via itero case manager and set the local IDE as exo. Then call itero and request they turn of ditching on all your files. Then the scan come sealed no ditch but the margins marked by itero or you via itero design are still there when you import the cases. I don't do exo, im 3shape but this removal of ditch has made working on itero case way better, especially veneer cases.

But if you are geting the files from dr or someone else then they have to make the change and or export implant/ other open model local ide, but no pre marked margins are imported but the scan has no ditch, solid scan. This will works as well. Files are stl form, or export color open model for color ply.

user name

user name

Reaction score
When you first examine the case in iTero case manager, turn off the ditch (tile at the top, next to margin tile).
Adjust the margins where you want before sending to iTero.
When youre in exo, the red portion means its in undercut and cant be moved lower.
On a veneer case, always set the margin like it was a crown so a nice die will draw from the model, then set the margin for veneers in exo.

You can call iTero and ask them to reset the case, or in a crunch you can close the gap in expert, then manipulate the scan to create an extension where you need.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
When you first examine the case in iTero case manager, turn off the ditch (tile at the top, next to margin tile).
Adjust the margins where you want before sending to iTero.
When youre in exo, the red portion means its in undercut and cant be moved lower.
On a veneer case, always set the margin like it was a crown so a nice die will draw from the model, then set the margin for veneers in exo.

You can call iTero and ask them to reset the case, or in a crunch you can close the gap in expert, then manipulate the scan to create an extension where you need.
you only have this ability with the highest partner level with iTero though, if i'm not mistaken.

been ages since i did an iTero case.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Not having the highest partner level is like not being allowed in the model room. Take what you get and pray its close.
Not a plan for success.

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
If you're exporting the case from the Web Portal, when it launches the "iTero Online viewer" software, you can export as many times/ways you need to. I've found the Case manager desktop portal software is more restricting.

iTero is opening up a new portal that they're rolling out to labs currently, hopefully with better integration with Exocad

If you export from it though, you can export both as an Exocad 2017+ version to get the ditching and the margin, as well as just "open model color" or something like that. The open model one does not have the margin, but is an unditched model. you can then bring the margin into the file, name it to match the rest of the case, and have the margins that you can change in Exocad without ditching.

- Josh

user name

user name

Reaction score
If you're exporting the case from the Web Portal, when it launches the "iTero Online viewer" software, you can export as many times/ways you need to. I've found the Case manager desktop portal software is more restricting.

iTero is opening up a new portal that they're rolling out to labs currently, hopefully with better integration with Exocad

If you export from it though, you can export both as an Exocad 2017+ version to get the ditching and the margin, as well as just "open model color" or something like that. The open model one does not have the margin, but is an unditched model. you can then bring the margin into the file, name it to match the rest of the case, and have the margins that you can change in Exocad without ditching.

- Josh
When youre on the Rx and selecting Local Export iDE, whats the difference if you choose Exocad 2014 or later, Color Export Open model, Color Export closed model, or any others?
I use an older exo version.

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
The exports for Exocad will bring in the margin and ditch them as well, the color export options don't have the margin included, but also don't ditch the model (my preference). I just don't have enough faith in somebody else marking the margin and then chopping it away where I cant correct it, we all make mistakes after all. The Open/Closed model difference is whether the files have an open bottom (Exocad preferred) or a closed Model (for 3Shape, etc)

You could potentially take the closed model export and print them directly so long as it's a good solid mesh.

If I *really* need the margins from the doc and it's a difficult case, I'll export for Exocad-later for the margin, as well as the color-open model. Then just import the Exocad one with the ditched margins, and copy in the jaws from the color-open case and rename the files appropriately so that Exocad auto-imports them.

Even though it's a hassle, you end up with an unditched model with the doctor's/iTero's margins pre-marked and able to be changed.

user name

user name

Reaction score
If I select one to experiment and see what its like, I would need to call iTero and have them re-set it if I want to import another, right?

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
I've been able to export them multiple times from the web portal. Are you using the old iTero Case Manager, or going to myaligntech.com?

Our data entry/case acceptance person told me the same, but they were using the Case Manager. I've exported a case 2-3 times just to see what each one was after loading it up from the web portal 🤷‍♂️

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive always used Case Manager.

I dont click around much.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
I use Case Manager as well. I Open the file there. Click on the RX , I Check "Local Export" and Un-check "Physical Model Order" ( I print my own)
For the "Cad/Cam System" option pick "Implants and Other Exports Open Model" and that will give ouu scans with an un-ditched stl. ( I'd rather mark the margins myself) (If you want un-ditched .ply- color scans use "Color open Model") Hit send and it saves into the Itero "export " sub- folder in the Itero folder on the C drive. I don't like the way Exo loads in the cases and sets them up ...So I go in and rename the files for the doc and pt. and set up the DB project how I want it ( save it) then copy and paste in the files, design and print the models. Seems Like a PITA , But after a few times it it ain't bad at all, works for me. Like Josh, I think there is going to be better integration with Exocad since AlignTech acquired them...
Thanks to Adam, This Video helped out a lot!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
you only have this ability with the highest partner level with iTero though, if i'm not mistaken.

been ages since i did an iTero case.
Even with tier 3 itero partnership, some cases you can not delete the ditch, this is why I had them disable ditching their end for out account.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Alright, lots to decifer here. Appreciate all the info. Will try navigating with next cases.

K

Kris

Reaction score
I am using 3Shape software. We have a Dr. sending models from iTero scanner to be printed for ortho. He is sending through email as stl. I am not familiar with iTero and struggling to understand how their system works even after talking with tech support. The Dr. asked if we have considered getting an id code so the scans can be sent directly from machine. Do we have to pay a fee to iTero to enable drs to do this?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I am using 3Shape software. We have a Dr. sending models from iTero scanner to be printed for ortho. He is sending through email as stl. I am not familiar with iTero and struggling to understand how their system works even after talking with tech support. The Dr. asked if we have considered getting an id code so the scans can be sent directly from machine. Do we have to pay a fee to iTero to enable drs to do this?
yes and it is not a small fee. see here:https://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/accept-itero-to-3shape.22269/#post-201952

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no, because the data is controlled by Align.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I use Case Manager as well. I Open the file there. Click on the RX , I Check "Local Export" and Un-check "Physical Model Order" ( I print my own)
For the "Cad/Cam System" option pick "Implants and Other Exports Open Model" and that will give ouu scans with an un-ditched stl. ( I'd rather mark the margins myself) (If you want un-ditched .ply- color scans use "Color open Model") Hit send and it saves into the Itero "export " sub- folder in the Itero folder on the C drive. I don't like the way Exo loads in the cases and sets them up ...So I go in and rename the files for the doc and pt. and set up the DB project how I want it ( save it) then copy and paste in the files, design and print the models. Seems Like a PITA , But after a few times it it ain't bad at all, works for me. Like Josh, I think there is going to be better integration with Exocad since AlignTech acquired them...
Thanks to Adam, This Video helped out a lot!

thanks for sharing my video!

Top Bottom