Itero

dentaltech76

dentaltech76

Reaction score
I have an account that wants to scan a PT then just send me the STLs not wanting to go through Itero. I know you can do that on Trios, but what about Itero? I called itero, he said NO it must go through itero and then to a lab. I said but what if the Dr wants to scan and then immediately mill the crown in the office and not wait for Itero to process the scans, Itero rep said because and "we lost connection" (I think he hung up on me. lol) There has to be a way, right??

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Is this true for C&B cases as well as ortho cases?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
C+B cases can be exported to STL via the prescription form if you have paid for that as part of the partner fee.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
C+B cases can be exported to STL via the prescription form if you have paid for that as part of the partner fee.
And if we haven't paid the fee? There's no way for the Dr to bypass sending the files through Itero and just export/email them straight to us instead?

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
And if we haven't paid the fee? There's no way for the Dr to bypass sending the files through Itero and just export/email them straight to us instead?

I don’t think Itero is going to let any Stl files get past them without a fee. Especially since they charge for this at the 1st & 2nd partnership levels. If you are at level 3, there is no charge...at least that’s the idea. Of course you still have to pay for each level of partnership. To reach the “no charge” zone or the “bosom buddy” zone for STL’s, you have to fork over several grand.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I don’t think Itero is going to let any Stl files get past them without a fee. Especially since they charge for this at the 1st & 2nd partnership levels. If you are at level 3, there is no charge...at least that’s the idea. Of course you still have to pay for each level of partnership. To reach the “no charge” zone or the “bosom buddy” zone for STL’s, you have to fork over several grand.
The ROI on the top Tier depends on the number of scans you are sent. I have a top Tier account and it paid for itself within months. You can download scans from a the Tier 2 but you pay for each download and a higher price for their models.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
The ROI on the top Tier depends on the number of scans you are sent. I have a top Tier account and it paid for itself within months. You can download scans from a the Tier 2 but you pay for each download and a higher price for their models.
So, if you have a dentist client, that buys iTero, your fees might be waved. Maybe it is only with new dentist clients, buying the scanner, maybe even old ones. I got hooked up that way. That was about two years ago, maybe, after the merger with Exocad.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
So, if you have a dentist client, that buys iTero, your fees might be waved. Maybe it is only with new dentist clients, buying the scanner, maybe even old ones. I got hooked up that way. That was about two years ago, maybe, after the merger with Exocad.
I signed on at a reduced price in a promotion that they had a few years back but even at full price the savings from models and scans alone will pay for it if you have a 5 or more scans a week.