Itero stl's with 3 shape?

DanD

DanD

Reaction score
I do in house printed model from itero files all day long. no issues.

On import I change the order to digital impression and add the model and go. Have done tons no issues. Tier 2 and Tier 3 allow you to edit the margin and ditch. Tier 3 is the way to go but only if you have multiple doctors and the work load it's like 5k.

Wow that's encouraging, I tried that in 3 shape model builder but it still leaves a hole around the margin.

At the end of the model building process, that left me with a pinned model but the top portion of the prep was missing.

Can you expand on your set up to avoid this? Thanks so much

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Wow that's encouraging, I tried that in 3 shape model builder but it still leaves a hole around the margin.

At the end of the model building process, that left me with a pinned model but the top portion of the prep was missing.

Can you expand on your set up to avoid this? Thanks so much

I will do a screen recording tomorrow and post it for you.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I will do a screen recording tomorrow and post it for you.
That'll be very awesome to watch. Can I have your permission to keep a copy and have it in resources or something for the future?
edit:Yes, I knkw it doesn't take much to excite me.

D

dandyfop

Reaction score
You can call each case and ask for them to resend it to you unditched. For whatever reason though my model builder doesn't have a problem with the hole around the die. It just fills it in. I do a few a day with no issues. I just select select the 3shape export. You can also try using the other options from the export (as opposed to the 'open') button on the website. Different export options will generate different models and one of them might work for you.

I also don't make removable dies, maybe that is why model builder doesn't have a problem? I just print solids and dies.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So to accept an Itero stl, I have to sign a contract with them?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That ain’t happening.
So if you have exoclap, you still have to pay to receive an itero file to Big Brother?
Beauty eh?

Z

ztech

Reaction score
If you do the math, the ROI on tier 3 is way less than a year if you do 10 per week. I now pay nothing for the STL files, I can choose how the model are ditched, I can modify the margin line, I get models for $23, that is if I want a model from them or I can print my own.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
When I was looking into it late last fall, they were running a special of 1/2 off tier 3.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
When I was looking into it late last fall, they were running a special of 1/2 off tier 3.
and thats when i jumped in. worth it if you are getting even one client sending and you can print your own models.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
and thats when i jumped in. worth it if you are getting even one client sending and you can print your own models.
he won't spend 4k on the itero partnership just to turn around and spend 3k on a printer and 1k on some resin and another 1k on a batch of alcohol and a steel tub just to save 10$ on some models.

Top Bottom