ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Can this be fixed, filled in?
7BFB3CFC-7546-4B86-A66B-6668696589AD.jpeg

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
You can repair the margin in the Scan itself, then remark the margin to have it adapt back down properly.

Use edit mesh to close holes, and freeform scan data to get rid of weird "blips" from surgery viscera.
Now right click the die/jaw scan again and go to (remark margin or move margin - cant remember) Change it and your top design should stay.
Only issue you should run into is if it's already merged and you freeformed merged restoration. You'll have to delete merged reconstruction to fix margin.

If you haven't already, you can contact iTero support and ask them for non-ditched versions of the scans. This has saved us many times from their horrendous margin marking and cutting off the model around it so you couldn't change it anymore. Also makes Model Creator easier without the hole around the die.

- Josh

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
From the itero manager you can select implant/other open model. This will export a non ditch non marked margin scan. Just like a trios scan or any other IO scanner. Now you can mark your own margins. Could result in a cleaner margin all depends on the quality of the scan.

user name

user name

Reaction score
From the itero manager you can select implant/other open model. This will export a non ditch non marked margin scan. Just like a trios scan or any other IO scanner. Now you can mark your own margins. Could result in a cleaner margin all depends on the quality of the scan.
Forgive my ignorance please.
In itero manager if I did as you said, I would have a non ditch, non marked margin for me to work with, but then I cant get a removable die from itero if I get their models?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance please.
In itero manager if I did as you said, I would have a non ditch, non marked margin for me to work with, but then I cant get a removable die from itero if I get their models?

Yes these are for in house printing. or send if off to get printed.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
If you do enough volume, upgrade to the top tier of Itero. You save on model cost and file cost and you then have the ability to see and approve all of the margins before they are milled. If you have a bad margin that was not captured in the scan, you can make the decision to either modify it in the design software or have the doctor re-scan for a better margin. The savings you get from the model and file cost will pay for itself in a few months if you do 10+ a week.

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
You could always set it to export as ditched, as well as export it as non-ditched. Then grab the .xyz or .margin file from the "ditched" one and copy it into the non-ditched case's folder. That way you get a solid scan without their awful ditching/bastardizing of the data while still having a margin you can manipulate ;]