Issue in Nesting

Aditya Sawant

Aditya Sawant

Reaction score
Hi,

from last 3 days we are suddenly facing issue in crowns fitting on the models. when we dig dip we found out the .STL files that we are nesting in CAM software are having an issue as axial insertion in these file is getting changed. hence nesting software couldn't detect margins properly and undercuts are also not detected well. all this causing fitting issue. please see the videos for the reference. all these designed in 3 shape 2018 version. Does any body face this issue in past? if so let me know what is cause and solution. Need help !!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the spatial orientation of the tooth, when exported from 3shape, is controlled exclusively by the dongle. updates to 3shape also update the dongle. in no uncertain terms I am telling you 3shape has no interest in uniformly exporting crowns with uniform spatial orientation.

your CAM software will do better however, if you go into your 3shape control panel and use .pts margin line files. this will help the cam to identify margins (most of the time)

remember that Dental CAM such as the one you are using is a CAM that attempts to simplify the process for the average user, to make it almost easy enough to just nest the file, and go. it is not always possible for this very advanced method of CAM automation to account for all orientation issues, faulty files, or such things as mismanaged or upside-down CAM. it is not an AI.

I have reviewed your Dropboxed files and I can say with certainty the orientation issues you are facing are because of 3shape's export function, contained within the dongle.I wish you the best of luck to fix it, because I don't know anyone who has ever done that.

Aditya Sawant

Aditya Sawant

Reaction score
the spatial orientation of the tooth, when exported from 3shape, is controlled exclusively by the dongle. updates to 3shape also update the dongle. in no uncertain terms I am telling you 3shape has no interest in uniformly exporting crowns with uniform spatial orientation.

your CAM software will do better however, if you go into your 3shape control panel and use .pts margin line files. this will help the cam to identify margins (most of the time)

remember that Dental CAM such as the one you are using is a CAM that attempts to simplify the process for the average user, to make it almost easy enough to just nest the file, and go. it is not always possible for this very advanced method of CAM automation to account for all orientation issues, faulty files, or such things as mismanaged or upside-down CAM. it is not an AI.

I have reviewed your Dropboxed files and I can say with certainty the orientation issues you are facing are because of 3shape's export function, contained within the dongle.I wish you the best of luck to fix it, because I don't know anyone who has ever done that.
Thanks for detailed reply. I will certainly look into it