Is there a problem blasting emax with aluminum oxide?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"Where can I get the Emax directions book? Thank You."

So youve been using emax how long? and your just asking for the instruction manual?

yep.. sounds like a technician!

JPA

JPA

Reaction score
I'm a dentist not a technician. And the emax instructions manual I got that a loooooong time ago. When I read in the post "emax book" I thought it was something else . Totally misunderstood. I allways read the post at this site because i'm allways learning something. When using emax for example I try to give the tech as much info as i can. And the things I see and learn here help me a lot. I'm trying to give the tech not only models, colors , nd Shade, pics, buy also the ingot i want to use , cervical dentin, deep dentin, dentin incisal And effects. But thanks Paulg100.

Last edited:
P

paulg100

Reaction score
Ah ok JPA my apologies :) its great that your going the extra mile to get clued up on the technical side.

In terms of ingot selection i wouldn't get to hung up on that. The ceramics used is mush more important than the ingot so
the key here is to still find a good ceramist i think.

Last edited:
disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
If you press with a Zuber press your pressings have NO reaction layer.
Using aluminum oxide abrades the glass.

lol. there is a reaction layer.always.May be slight but its there. May only take 6mins invex but i believe it is a necessary step to insure internal bond to tooth and external bond to stain and porcelain. by REMOVING the reaction layer as directed by the manufacturer.

finishing is also a nessacary step imo. (FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.or maybe others know better than the manufacturer...)Improves surface texture, likely improves bond, following directions insures a good product.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
lol. there is a reaction layer.always.May be slight but its there. May only take 6mins invex but i believe it is a necessary step to insure internal bond to tooth and external bond to stain and porcelain. by REMOVING the reaction layer as directed by the manufacturer.

finishing is also a nessacary step imo. (FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.or maybe others know better than the manufacturer...)Improves surface texture, likely improves bond, following directions insures a good product.

Is this first hand information? Are you pressing in a Zubler.
Respectfully, if not, I believe you need to look at Zubler pressings. There is NO reaction layer to remove. During finishing we do go over the entire outer surface with rotaries. The internal aspect get acid etched.
The directions from Ivoclar are based on the reaction layer obtained in an Ivoclar press.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Reaction layer is caused by few factors, do not use de-bubeliser, it could weaken that ivestment layer contacting the wax patterns, do not over heat the ceramic pellete, and short pressing time 2 1/2 -3 minutes. This should minimize the reaction layer to almost nothing, I do not use a Zubler or an Ivoclar furnaces I use whip mix press furnace.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Care to share your settings for a 100 and 200 gram ring Tayeb?

I'd like to compare to mine which suck!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score

Hi rkm, I mostly use the 100 gram size ring. My pressing furnace is an intratech pro press 100. Do you want my furnace setting? Obviously rkm, you have to tweek with high temp. to be spot on.

Press emax

Entry temp 700*c
Heat rate 60*c/M
Final temp. 919*c it may seems low but it is perfect for my pressings.
Hold tome 15/m
Press time 3/m
Cool time 3/m
With vacuum from start to finish.
Any question let me know, good luck.

Last edited:
Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
"Where can I get the Emax directions book? Thank You."

So youve been using emax how long? and your just asking for the instruction manual?

yep.. sounds like a technician!

I really do not understand why some technicians do not read instructions. How could somebody strive to be the best without reading the manufactures manuals and instructions. These companies spent time and money with so many experimentations to provide us with thse instructions.

It is like finding an address without a GPS , you could find the address but after asking many people and many u turnes, which is not good for the blood pressure and the happiness index!!.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks Tayeb, I'll compare and share!

M

martintay

Reaction score
Hi rkm, I mostly use the 100 gram size ring. My pressing furnace is an intratech pro press 100. Do you want my furnace setting? Obviously rkm, you have to tweek with high temp. to be spot on.

Press emax

Entry temp 700*c
Heat rate 60*c/M
Final temp. 919*c it may seems low but it is perfect for my pressings.
Hold tome 15/m
Press time 3/m
Cool time 3/m
With vacuum from start to finish.
Any question let me know, good luck.

Ditto :)

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
Is this first hand information? Are you pressing in a Zubler.
Respectfully, if not, I believe you need to look at Zubler pressings. There is NO reaction layer to remove. During finishing we do go over the entire outer surface with rotaries. The internal aspect get acid etched.
The directions from Ivoclar are based on the reaction layer obtained in an Ivoclar press.

...reaction layer is formed when the pellets go from molten to solid. has nothing to do with the oven used. temps and times,yes. it is a reaction layer that is formed from a physical REACTION that takes place.... invex removes it. even the reaction layer YOU DON'T SEE. ALWAYS a reaction layer.

glad your zubler minimizes it. so does my ep3000. had to write my own press programs and tweek it into perfection but i also get very little reaction layer. May not be visable but i know its there. 6 min invex to insure a good, totally reaction ,free resto. than i finish down..ect..

if you feel confident in your zubler, good, but don't be fooled into believing your machine does any better than any other. when i use ivoclars pre programs i get more reaction layer. now it appears to be non existent after first sandblast but i know there is still some that should be removed even if its not easily visable.cuz of the reaction that takes place..

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Reaction layer is caused by the molten glass infiltrating the micro porosities of the investment.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Respectfully, there seems to be a lot of koolaid drunk and pixie dust inhaled leading to claims of no reaction layer. Why are these pictures usually of wet pressings. Take your so called "no reaction" pressings and still put them through the invex liquid. As Disturbed even points out you will find a slight layer now visible.

I sipped some over a year ago, trying a Z300e to replace my press oven that gave me sixteen years of great service. With claims of fast and no reaction layer I couldn't wait. My excitement so waned. It comes with no manual. I'm told to download one. Hmm. Then I find no US cord. Took two weeks to get one delivered. After several chats with chris I'm up and pressing. Soon finding pressings high value,low chroma. And still had some reaction layer. Many more chats, having me try three different investments and many burnout temps. Even that my vac mixer could be the fault. Then got some pressings with "overheat" negative bubbles.
This wasn't my first rodeo pressing. Maybe I got a lemon, maybe it was dropped but at one month I gave up.I'm also pressing for a couple other labs and my patience was thin.ive got work to get done.
Wish it had worked out but switched to ep3000. My reaction layer is no greater. In fact it's less now using the super ring. Barely a powder. And shortened press times.

Top Bottom