Is the #2 Brass Dowel Pin going to be extinct?

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
My sales have dropped over the past 3 years on the #2 Brass Dowel Pin. Our price and quality are excellent.
As milling is on the rise certain items we carry are just not moving as quickly as they use to.

Ron
(Manager)

TD Dental Supply
(877) 358-5833

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
My sales have dropped over the past 3 years on the #2 Brass Dowel Pin. Our price and quality are excellent.
As milling is on the rise certain items we carry are just not moving as quickly as they use to.

Ron
(Manager)

TD Dental Supply
(877) 358-5833

I like pins with sleeves...
I've come to be fond of M.R. Flats pins and sleeves...

But if I had my way I would talk the lab owner into a gear box for the larger cases...

I miss models pinned on the gearbox...

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Your drop in sales may also be contributed to labs using systems like artimax, main stay, monotrac etc. I know we have used one type of system or another for so long i cant remember the last time we bought just plain dowel pins.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Monotrac here for a few years, the pindex drill is in storage.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Last time I saw a $99.00 GW crown the model had old fashion brass dowel pins, and that's where the market is for dowel brass pins .

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I use 3 brass dowel pins in my opposing casts when I pour bases. I never liked waiting around for the right moment to rest the cast into the solidifying base stone. They always crook or sink. So now I just put 3 pins in em and pour like the working model.

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
adl.dropboxusercontent.com_u_103401096_2013_08_02_2008.22.47.jpg

I love plain old brass pins. I've tried a lot of other styles of pins and model systems over the years but I always go back to single brass pins. Cheap, simple, easy to use. Plus the way I do my models I'm not relying on the pins for stability or anti-rotation in the base. And I can easily twirl the dies in my fingers. Please excuse the sloppy model work on this one, it's a rush case.
adl.dropboxusercontent.com_u_103401096_2013_08_02_2008.22.47.jpg

Top Bottom