Is Ivoclar killing Sagemax?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I sort of predicted when I heard of the sale that the colossus was probably going to eliminate their biggest competition.. and it seems thats whats happening. Its 5+ years of ordering sagemax zirconia, I never had a backorder issue of more than a day or two, and that might have happened once.. ever since the acquisition however, it is nearly impossible to order nexxzr+ 98mm or otherwise.. its not backordered a couple days, its backordered for over a month!! What a joke! Anyone else having issues? Its arguably the best material out there.. so why would a company with deep pockets spend all that money for a company that isnt producing anything........? Or are they tying their hands.. Deal

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I sort of predicted when I heard of the sale that the colossus was probably going to eliminate their biggest competition.. and it seems thats whats happening. Its 5+ years of ordering sagemax zirconia, I never had a backorder issue of more than a day or two, and that might have happened once.. ever since the acquisition however, it is nearly impossible to order nexxzr+ 98mm or otherwise.. its not backordered a couple days, its backordered for over a month!! What a joke! Anyone else having issues? Its arguably the best material out there.. so why would a company with deep pockets spend all that money for a company that isnt producing anything........? Or are they tying their hands.. Deal

Didn't Schein buy and destroy CAP? :pop:

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Conglomodent strikes again!

I also didnt mention that you cannot purchase sagemax on ivoclars webshop, or from sagemax direct anymore.. You have to call, and when you do, they say ' Oh gee thats weird, its backordered for a month' or 'we will call you as soon as it comes in' NOT! As in never got a call..

Either the person who is in charge of this acquisition utterly failed.. or this chokehold was planned. Its pretty obvious which is happening.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
maybe patrick coon can get you an answer on that one.he normally pretty quick on all things ivoclar

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
could be something went t1ts up on the HIP line, or someone put an order that would take months to fill.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I wont even mention the 4 broken pucks I got... oops

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive got 8 pucks and I dont use it. Looks like the price is shooting up.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Conglomodent strikes again!

I also didnt mention that you cannot purchase sagemax on ivoclars webshop, or from sagemax direct anymore.. You have to call, and when you do, they say ' Oh gee thats weird, its backordered for a month' or 'we will call you as soon as it comes in' NOT! As in never got a call..

Either the person who is in charge of this acquisition utterly failed.. or this chokehold was planned. Its pretty obvious which is happening.

Unfortunately, I don't have any insight as to what may be going on with production or backorders. I have worked with Larry on some disk shading, but that is as far as I got into any production. Backorders may be due to the fact that it is being used by several larger labs now and production has not caught up to orders being placed, especially for common sizes and shades.

We definitely are not trying to run it into the ground. The idea for acquiring them was to be able to have a two tier approach to zirconia sales by having a premium product that came with all the support that people are used to with Ivoclar, and a less expensive product for labs looking for a more economical choice. Or for labs looking to have a premium product and an economy product to offer dentists, and they could get both of those products from us instead of having to go to another company.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
that sentence ends "with ivoclar" so i'm going to say Ivoclar's zirconia is the "premium" in that sentence.

user name

user name

Reaction score
that sentence ends "with ivoclar" so i'm going to say Ivoclar's zirconia is the "premium" in that sentence.
I realize that. I think its funny, because Im not impressed with their Zr.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
ZirCAD MT Multi
I actually think the Multi Mt is pretty decent. If they only would widen the shade options! I think it offers a good balance between esthetics and strength. I prefer it over Katana, for example. But my experience is rather limited, when it comes to different Brands. I tried the Amman Gierbach and thought it is rather brittle.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if you are only paying 20$ why do you care

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
if you are only paying 20$ why do you care
Because
Capitalist production, therefore, develops technology, and the combining together of various processes into a social whole, only by sapping the original sources of all wealth - the soil and the labourer.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
oh-wait-youtre-serious-let-me-laugh-even-harder-17927461.png

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
dude you are artificial intelligence